Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdroz999
Level 7

Fee for adding 2nd TV to existing account?

Jump to solution

So I have a Streaming Stick+ on one TV already and I'm considering adding a Roku-enabled 2nd TV. I read somewhere (maybe an Amazon review?) that when I try to activate the 2nd TV, I'll be charged a $99 fee. Is this true?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 15

Re: Fee for adding 2nd TV to existing account?

Jump to solution

Only people who get scammed pay an activation scheme.  The way people get scammed is by looking for some site to activate at rather than the specific site given by the Roku.  (Roku has been switching over to a new activation system that emails you a link instead of having you type a link on your own.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

Only people who get scammed pay an activation scheme.  The way people get scammed is by looking for some site to activate at rather than the specific site given by the Roku.  (Roku has been switching over to a new activation system that emails you a link instead of having you type a link on your own.)

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mdroz999 

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is never a charge for a Roku device activation or support.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I protect myself from activation and technical support scams?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos