Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weary

Father-in-law passed away, account being closed. Is it possible to add his Roku stick to my account?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Father-in-law passed away, account being closed. Is it possible to add his Roku stick to my acco

Jump to solution

Yes, just factory reset it from Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset.

You can't merge his account with yours if that's what you're asking.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Father-in-law passed away, account being closed. Is it possible to add his Roku stick to my acco

Jump to solution

@Weary 

I believe you could do that.  However I’m not too familiar so I could be wrong.  I’m going to have to tag @RokuKariza-D, so that he can explain to you more about it.

EDIT: Actually I’m correct.  See below post.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
renojim

Jump to solution

Yes, just factory reset it from Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset.

You can't merge his account with yours if that's what you're asking.

I am not a Roku employee.
Weary

Jump to solution

Thanks much. The process went smoothly

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Weary sorry about your loss. When I lost my father-in-law, I lost a real buddy. It's been over 7 years and it's still tough. Lost my mother-in law almost 20 years ago, and yes, losing her was a huge loss as well.  

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Weary

Jump to solution

Thank you for your kind words. I remarried at 59, and my last parent died 12 years ago. It's been a blessing to have parents again this late in life, and my father-in-law was a great guy.