Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

False charges for a subscription

Jump to solution

This is my 3rd email for help. On the evening of May 1, I tried to activate a FREE TRIAL to Showtime. My attempted was not successful. An error message appear on my TV screen. I therefore thought I could not get Showtime. Subsequently, I was able to get a FREE TRIAL of Showtime from another source. The following morning, May 2, I received an email from ROKU telling me I had subscribed to Showtime. I never attempted to subscribe, but only tried to get the free 30 day trial. Now I see my credit card has been billed for $10.99 for a subscription of Showtime. I am asking you to please credit back my credit card for this amount. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. If this is not successful, Just as a footnote. I have 3 Roku devices and have been a user for several years, but I am VERY UNHAPPY about this charge. If necessary,, I will pursue it with the FCC, Facebook, Tweeter, etc. You have falsely advertised a free trial and then charged my credit card for a subscription..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: False charges for a subscription

Jump to solution

@SBlock 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that if you previously had a free trial through the same Roku account (on any Roku device linked to your account), you will not be eligible for another free trial with that specific service. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: False charges for a subscription

Jump to solution

@SBlock 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that if you previously had a free trial through the same Roku account (on any Roku device linked to your account), you will not be eligible for another free trial with that specific service. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos