Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Express+ discount offer

Jump to solution

Got email that my stick wouldn't be supported anymore and was offered a discount to upgrade. Great! But I would like the Express+ that has voice control and TV/sound control for my older TV. I can't find any information on the advertisement that they sent to me with the discounted price. It says it will be a 2018 model but doesn't give a model number. Do ALL Express+ models come with Voice? Or is that something new? I've spent 2 hours trying to figure it out and I can't seem to figure out a way to Contact anyone at Roku. I'd like the discount... but it doesn't do me any good if it's not the product I want! 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Express+ discount offer

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note!

The 2018 model Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900/3910) does not come with a Roku voice remote. You can either use the free Roku mobile app for voice commands, or you can pick up an accessory Roku voice remote in from our Roku player accessories page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Hope that helps clarify! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there,

You can visit https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ to view any available upgrade offers that you may have. No changes or modifications are available for upgrade offers that are presented. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note!

The 2018 model Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900/3910) does not come with a Roku voice remote. You can either use the free Roku mobile app for voice commands, or you can pick up an accessory Roku voice remote in from our Roku player accessories page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Hope that helps clarify! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It does! Thanks

I wish the $15 discount could be applied to any of the models. I would like to upgrade but I guess I'll have to wait until Christmas deals show up.

Thanks for your help.

Patricia 

0 Kudos
WalterK
Level 7

Roku Express+

Jump to solution

Got an email that explained how my current Roku Express+ is becoming obsolete and can get a discount to purchase one that is more up to date, funny the model being offered is a 2018 model. Anyway, I also have an older Roku Stick that I got with a TV I purchased that is at least 4 yrs old.  Is this going to be obsolete as well?  Can I get a discount to buy a new stick too? It would be nice, why is it only offered on the Express+?

0 Kudos
MikeF126
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got the email about a reduced cost upgrade to Roku Express+. When I click through to order, the image shows the Roku Express remote, not the Express+ with TV controls. What’s up with that?

0 Kudos
cpolarbear
Level 7

Express+ Discount offer for outdated devices

Jump to solution

While I appreciate the offer to upgrade, what you are offering isn't going to help me. I have the Roku 2 units because they have an Ethernet input for connecting to my network because the wireless is too weak for effective streaming, plus one connection I need the component output, not HDMI.  Why didn't I receive a discount offer for a unit with similar capabilities as the unit you are killing off?

[post merged with already existed thread]

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@MikeF126 Those upgrade offers apply to the 2018 Roku Express+ (model 3910), not the 2019 model. Per my post above, the 2018 Roku Express did not include a voice remote. You can either use the free Roku mobile app for voice commands, or purchase an accessory Roku Voice Remote for use with that device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MikeF126
Level 7

Jump to solution

The email specifically says “Roku Express+”. When I look up the Roku Express+, the remote is equipped with TV power control and volume buttons. I am a big Roku fan and currently own 4 of them, but I think your “upgrade” email is misleading and will result in customers buying an old product when they thought they were buying a current Express+.. Note the language in your email, there is no mention of 2018:

Your exclusive offer for a new Roku player
We want you to enjoy streaming to the fullest with the latest features and channels, so today we’re providing this special replacement upgrade offer: a Roku Express+ for just $15 — a discount of 50% off the regular retail price.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@MikeF126 Thanks for clarifying. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and include a screenshot of the email you received. I'll follow up with your directly to help take a closer look and get this taken care of. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
DavidG14
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have two Rokus but see no way to buy two replacements. It would be nice to combine shipping. I would also prefer to upgrade to a newer model. Is thete a way to do that?

0 Kudos