Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mcgirth72
Level 7

Espn+ wants me to subscribe again

Jump to solution

I have paid for subscription to espn+ thru app on iPhone. I can watch espn+ content on iPhone and iPad but cannot on Roku. It only gives me option to subscribe. Why won’t Roku recognize my espn+ subscription? I have logged into and out of my espn acct in the Roku but that didn’t help. I have successfully linked my device numerous times but that does not help either. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Espn+ wants me to subscribe again

Jump to solution

@Mcgirth72 

Thanks for the note. The ESPN channel offers two different options to sign in. The first option uses your TV provider for standard ESPN content. The second options allows you to sign in using your ESPN/+ account. Both of these options are listed within the channel's settings, using the gear icon in the upper righthand corner of the channel. 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. After adding the channel, try logging into your ESPN account (option 2) and seeing if you are able to access ESPN+.

If the issue is still not resolved, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider regarding the channel's authentication and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ESPN support here: https://help.espnplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mcgirth72 

Thanks for the note. The ESPN channel offers two different options to sign in. The first option uses your TV provider for standard ESPN content. The second options allows you to sign in using your ESPN/+ account. Both of these options are listed within the channel's settings, using the gear icon in the upper righthand corner of the channel. 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. After adding the channel, try logging into your ESPN account (option 2) and seeing if you are able to access ESPN+.

If the issue is still not resolved, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider regarding the channel's authentication and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ESPN support here: https://help.espnplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mcgirth72
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to find a solution but I did everything you suggested and I still cannot access my espn+ subscription in Roku. I can watch it on my iPhone and iPad but in roku it wants me to pay $4.99 and subscribe. Espn support is no help and roku only offers this chat board. I hope someone out there has a solution to this issue. 

0 Kudos