Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email used to signup with Roku is now closed

The email account I used to open up Roku with is now inactive. That's the one that starts with david@

Our Roku is active (we only go through Roku now for our TV and love it), but not the email we used to open the account with.

Did not realize that I had used that particular email for Roku way back when. And, the account is not going to be reactivated because we prefer the new email account we have.

So what can we do? I have so many apps on my Roku set up on my TV that resetting back to the factory is really not an option I want to employ.

I have the bad email information. In fact, the password I used for this post is the same used on the Roku, according to my notes.

Also have the pin number too.

We love Roku, but we also want to access the account for future streaming channels.

Look forward to hearing back from you. Hope this can get resolved through email.

Thanks.

Peggy 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ghb51
Level 9

Re: Email used to signup with Roku is now closed

You can go to roku.com and sign into your account with your old email (the david@ one) and then update your email in Account Information.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

And don't use ISP-related emails for things. Get an account like Gmail, Live.com, etc (I'd stay away from Yahoo.com because of its poor spam filtering) that generally won't be closed.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

I was able to log in thru the TV, but not through the computer.

New problem, need to update the credit card, it has been a while and we have a different card. So how can that be done thru the Roku on the TV since I am unable to log in through the computer because the email is now inactive, which also means I can not add new channels that require a payment. 

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

Do you have any payment plans associated with that old Roku Account?  If not, then just open a new account.  Factory reset your devices and start from scratch.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Or.. if you have the password on that account, log in to Roku and change your email address. Is there an issue you aren't telling us? Roku really doesn't care what your email address is. Even if it's gone, it's simply credentials.

Have you actually tried to log in? I mean, you said you know the password to your Roku account, right? Use it.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos