Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email problem

Jump to solution

I forgot my email address

Double-check the email address linked to your Roku device.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select About to view the email address.

If you no longer have access to the email account, please contact Customer Support.

so i've done all of this steps I went onto my Roku and then to the settings and system and then to about the email that I put there is not a valid email  the part @essc.org  i put the first one  instead of of these emails @Gmail.com @yahoo.com 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: email problem

Jump to solution

@alexitoymila14 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, its possible that you did not link your Roku device properly and may have been contacted by a third party entity.

If the email address on your Roku device does not match that of your Roku account, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. After performing a factory reset, please make sure to use the proper steps to link your Roku device to your account. For more information about linking your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Cannot change my email address

Jump to solution

how can i change an email the email thats on my roku is not an actual email theres no way to access customer support without signing in 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Email address entered incorrectly. No Access

Jump to solution

i'm also yhaving the smae trouble , but that link you keep on posting is having me to sign in I cant sign in because i cannot remember password and dont have access to that email . please and thank you need help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Email address entered incorrectly. No Access

Jump to solution

Try using the email address and password that you're using for this "community".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

I'd say the odds are very good that when you first linked your Roku you did not connect with the actual Roku link site, but to a scammer that got you linked, not to a Roku account with your own email address that you control, but with an account that he controls.

See this informative Roku support page regarding these fraudulent practices:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757068

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@alexitoymila14 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, its possible that you did not link your Roku device properly and may have been contacted by a third party entity.

If the email address on your Roku device does not match that of your Roku account, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. After performing a factory reset, please make sure to use the proper steps to link your Roku device to your account. For more information about linking your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos