Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXISTING STREAMING SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS

I am seeking clarification on access to existing streaming service accounts prior to purchasing a Roku product.

I currently subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime, and pay them directly. I access with a streaming blue ray dvd player - simply log into my account.

With Roku, do I simply log into my accounts to access and stream those services respective content, and continue to pay the services directly? Or do I have to purchase through the Roku Channel and my Roku account to access, and cancel my existing accounts?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: EXISTING STREAMING SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS

If you're already a subscriber elsewhere, you just need to enter your login credentials on the Roku, or in some cases, link the account.to the Roku from a cell phone/tablet or a desktop, using an temporary code. The channel will let you know when you first start it how to do it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
CParker
Level 7

Yes, we had Netflix, amazon prime, and a few others before we got our first Roku. Install the channel on Roku and the first time you run it you provide your login credentials. Done.
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

If I remember correctly. Amazon is linked directly from the Roku web site to your account. No credentials necessary on the Roku. At least it was the last time I added a device to my account. Netflix, YouTube, and many others either require credentials entered in the Roku app, or the app provides a code to use on the provider's web site that authenticates it. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos