Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing streaming service subscriptions

Jump to solution

I am seeking clarification on access to existing streaming service accounts prior to purchasing a Roku product.

I currently subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime, and pay them directly. I access with a streaming blue ray dvd player - simply log into my account.

With Roku, do I simply log into my accounts to access and stream those services respective content, and continue to pay the services directly? Or do I have to purchase through the Roku Channel and my Roku account to access, and cancel my existing accounts?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Re: EXISTING STREAMING SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS

Jump to solution
If you're already a subscriber elsewhere, you just need to enter your login credentials on the Roku, or in some cases, link the account.to the Roku from a cell phone/tablet or a desktop, using an temporary code. The channel will let you know when you first start it how to do it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
If you're already a subscriber elsewhere, you just need to enter your login credentials on the Roku, or in some cases, link the account.to the Roku from a cell phone/tablet or a desktop, using an temporary code. The channel will let you know when you first start it how to do it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
CParker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Yes, we had Netflix, amazon prime, and a few others before we got our first Roku. Install the channel on Roku and the first time you run it you provide your login credentials. Done.
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
If I remember correctly. Amazon is linked directly from the Roku web site to your account. No credentials necessary on the Roku. At least it was the last time I added a device to my account. Netflix, YouTube, and many others either require credentials entered in the Roku app, or the app provides a code to use on the provider's web site that authenticates it. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
zonny75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Related question, Have subscriptions to Disney+ and Spectrum, but when I go to add those channels, it asks for my pin, which I setup to only ask for on purchases. So will Roku charge me or create another subscription,. what gives?

0 Kudos
zonny75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was able to go to my account online and add spectrum, but the issue is that could not use the streaming firestick+ on the living room TV because it only had HDCP1.4. So took my sons ruko express and put it on the living room TV. My daughter set it up and will need to know how to change it to my account if possible.

Will see if she remembers how/account she used for the express when I can connect with her in the next few days. Then will probably be able to add Disney+ and Spectrum to in on line the same way. How ever will see if it's an issue with multiple ruko devices(first stick and express)

0 Kudos
zonny75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku express is under my wife's email address, Can I switch it to my account. have the pin and when see the wife can get the password.

The Hulu, ESPN+ Disney+ are my email and she has the amazon prime and thinking it's best to switch over to be more in line with 3 out of 4 subscriptions.

Have searched around and see that one account same channels and two accounts allows different channel line-ups. Will initially try adding missing channels Disney+ and Spectrum account but concerned may get charged for Disney+ again since it is a different email to the subscription.

after searching around

Will try it assuming it gives me the ability to log on, but when adding channels it ask for my pin for a purchase. Here substituting 'any device' to be 'any Roku device regardless of account(aka mine and wife's)'.

quote from a different thread:

"How to Use My Disney+ Subscription to Log In On Any Device

Hi there! 

Great questions! Regardless of where you subscribe to the Disney+ service; whether on Roku, directly through Disney+, or via an offer from a provider like Verizon, you will be required to establish a Disney+ username and password in order to create your account. You should be able to use this username and password to log into the service on any device that offers the channel/app. "

0 Kudos
gramipatt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You will just add the channels onto your Roku device from the channel store and log in with your existing username and password. You will continue to pay as you have been.

@LumberjackBri wrote:

I am seeking clarification on access to existing streaming service accounts prior to purchasing a Roku product.

I currently subscribe to Netflix and Amazon Prime, and pay them directly. I access with a streaming blue ray dvd player - simply log into my account.

With Roku, do I simply log into my accounts to access and stream those services respective content, and continue to pay the services directly? Or do I have to purchase through the Roku Channel and my Roku account to access, and cancel my existing accounts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
anan999

Jump to solution

It is a used roku and the spectrum app will not give me option to create a new spectrum app account on my roku 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If it's used, you should perform a factory reset and create your own Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos