Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keone_72
Channel Surfer

ESPN+ paid for via HULU Disney+ but cannot view via cable

I have COX cable TV and pay for the HULU Disney+ channels.  Both these channels evidently are provided by COX.  Evidently ESPN+ is not provided by COX so I would need to use one of my ROKU devices to view ESPN+.  Will I still, have to pay the $6.99 per month to access ESPN+ even though I am already paying for it through HULU?

Probably better to pay just for Disney+ and Hulu through COX and useROK to view Espn+.

Any other options?  Pete

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN+ paid for via HULU Disney+ but cannot view via cable

ESPN+ is part of the Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu).

https://www.disneyplus.com/welcome/disney-hulu-espn-bundle 

If at all possible, always subscribe directly with services. Don't go through a 3rd party like Roku or your cable service. That way, 100% of the money goes to them, and you know you can use it on most any device. Some 3rd party billing will only work on that 3rd party's devices.

0 Kudos
Keone_72
Channel Surfer

Even if I could subscribe only to ESPN+ , I will still need to use ROKU or another device to feed it to another HDMI input on my TV as the ESPN+ app does not appear on my very new Smart SONY TV.   My cable company carries HULU and Disney+, but not ESPN+.  Do you know of a way to load the ESPN+ app to my Sony TV?

Pete

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Why bother watching through your cable box? Just limit it to regular cable TV. Most cable boxes seem to be very slow and limited in their selection. The same thing with some Smart TV's. They are limited to the services they make deals with. I had one of the first Sony Smart TV's (in 2010), and you had no control over what was available, and even their on-screen order.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

And I should add that you don't have to subscribe through your cable service to use the apps on your cable box. All of my subscriptions are direct, and I can use the apps on my Comcast X1 box if I want. That said, I have a Roku Ultra and use it because it is so much faster.

0 Kudos
Keone_72
Channel Surfer

I have a VOIP home phone with COX also.  We like how whenever our number is called, they callers ID shown up on the TV thru the cable box,  ESPN+ is mainly to watch the Bundesliga as my wife is German.  She is technology challenged and likes the cable box.  I can set up Roku to watch ESPN+ but that would mean activating the Roku device and connecting it to another HDMI tv input then switching to that other HDMI input which is too confusing for her.  I even printed detailed instructions for her.  Easier if she could view ESPN+ via the cable box. Need to see if I can download the RESPN+ app to my TV.

Pete

0 Kudos