Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Double charge

The past two months I have had 2 charges for $8.99, one for STARZ (which I have a subscription for) and one for Roku Channel. It doesn’t show on my recent purchases, but it does show on my bank account. Why am I being charged this and how do I stop it?! I have tried ‘chatting’ with customer service and can’t get on with anyone ever....
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Double charge

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Double charge

I have the same issue..double billing-- Acorn.   Also, confusion about who is billing with FRNDLY.

After a few trial days of Acorn in October, I took the yearly subscription (Roku). On October 23, I got a monthly bill from Acorn. That amount was refunded on October 23rd, from ROKU and I was billed for the year on the same day. The refund did not indicate the service or the reason for refund.

I subscribed to FRNDLYTV, and received a purchase notice for $5.99 on October 15th from FRNDLYTV. On October 16th, I received purchase notice for $6.38 from Roku for FRNDLY.  (Difference is tax).

For the second time on October 23rd, Roku refunded me $6.38 (again, no indication what the refund was for, I assumed for the duplicate FRNDLY monthly bill). On November 15th, I received purchase notice from FRNDLY. Have ROKU and FRNDLY figured out who is doing the billing? I'm getting confused.

If I need to PM to someone, please indicate how..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Billing from Roku And the Network Channel

I’m getting billed by the actual network channel AND Roku of the same network? How do I make it ONE payment from ROKU or the network channel? Please reply as soon as possible so this can be corrected and I can get a refund or apply the payment to next month’s charge.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Billing from Roku And the Network Channel

@Jan2019 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos