Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jalves1002
Level 7

Double Charge

Jump to solution

I was charged for a subscription twice. Once through Vidgo and once through "Roku for Vidgo" how do I get a refund on the extra charge?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 15

Re: Double Charge

Jump to solution

I don't know about refunds, but it sounds like you have subscribed to the channel in two ways.  (They generally can't tell that you've done that.)  So, make sure you cancel one of them or you'll get two charges again next month.  If you wish to cancel a Roku sub, login to your account at roku.com.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

I don't know about refunds, but it sounds like you have subscribed to the channel in two ways.  (They generally can't tell that you've done that.)  So, make sure you cancel one of them or you'll get two charges again next month.  If you wish to cancel a Roku sub, login to your account at roku.com.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

If you can view via a Vidgo app on your Roku, you most likely are viewing via a subscription you've taken out directly with Vidgo on their website.

If you can view it on your Roku from within The Roku Channel, this would be a separate subscription you've taken out via Roku.

You may have both.  One or both could be the result of a free trial subscription that you did not cancel before it turned into a paid subscription.  Since the subscriptions are with two different entities, neither one may be aware of the other.

As @Strega suggests, cancel one or the other to prevent it from auto-renewing when it runs out and stop future double charges.  Note that subscriptions are pre-paid, so even when canceled, you'll be able to continue viewing that subscription until the prepaid subscription period expires. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos