Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missynee69

Double Billed for Discovery+ and now I cant log in at all

I have been double billed from Roku and from Discovery Plus since March of 2021. It is being taken out of my checking account on the 2nd of each month and then again on the 9th of each month. Once I realized what was going on, I cancelled the regular Discovery Plus and kept the one through Roku, well now I can't log on to Discovery+ at all.  Why am I getting charged for both of these??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Double Billed for Discovery+ and now I cant log in at all

There's two ways to access Discovery+ and at least that many ways to subscribe.  You probably had a subscription to the stand-alone channel/app that you canceled and another through Roku to access it through The Roku Channel.  The two are (most likely) mutually exclusive, so see if you can access Discovery+ by first launching The Roku Channel and then locating it in the Premium Subscriptions section.  In general if you're paying for something through Roku there isn't any login required.  The subscription is tied to your Roku account and will be automatically activated on every Roku device you have that's linked to the same Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Missynee69, being double-billed is no fun but don't worry we are here to help! As @renojim mentioned, there is both a Discovery+ stand-alone channel as well as The Roku Channel: Discovery+ premium subscription so we recommend confirming you are trying to log into the correct channel for your subscription. We would like to help and investigate further so we are going to reach out to you via private message so we can collect more details. Please be on the lookout for our message! 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

To be honest, it's best to NEVER subscribe through Roku. That can often limit what devices you can use the subscription on. Instead, I would make sure ALL subscriptions are canceled, then sign up directly at Discovery+.

It's possible that if both subscriptions were using the same account login (email), then cancelling one confused the other.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Roku Guru

0 Kudos