Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benni037
Level 7

Re: Does Roku need to be region set?

Jump to solution
Hi silberalon

Rather than finding a solution myself like nicknick and OwenMc I was quite lucky in that after raising an email support ticket, a Roku engineer (initially unrelated to the email) came upon my thread and helped escalate my issue with his colleagues. I believe they somehow re-linked my account on their internal system from being a US one to being a UK one. Unfortunately they did not divulge any detail as to why this happened in case it could help other people, which judging by this thread, clearly is an issue.

I see you've opened up a support case (which if I remember correctly was no easy feat itself but may have become easier since then?), hopefully Roku Customer Service will be able to resolve for you soon without too much back and forth.

Sorry I couldn't be more help
0 Kudos
silberalon
Level 7

Jump to solution
"Benni037" wrote:
Hi silberalon

Rather than finding a solution myself like nicknick and OwenMc I was quite lucky in that after raising an email support ticket, a Roku engineer (initially unrelated to the email) came upon my thread and helped escalate my issue with his colleagues. I believe they somehow re-linked my account on their internal system from being a US one to being a UK one. Unfortunately they did not divulge any detail as to why this happened in case it could help other people, which judging by this thread, clearly is an issue.

I see you've opened up a support case (which if I remember correctly was no easy feat itself but may have become easier since then?), hopefully Roku Customer Service will be able to resolve for you soon without too much back and forth.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

Thanks for the quick reply
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thanks for the notes here. The situation posed by the original topic author related to an account regional misidentification, between 2 officially supported regions for Roku products. The US and the UK are both regions in which Roku directly sells products and services, and offers an official channel store for available channels/services in those respective regions, based on availability determined by each channel/service provider themselves. 

Other locations in which Roku does not officially sell products are not supported regions, and therefore do not offer the same options for adding channels/services (e.g. Israel). Some services, such as Netflix and YouTube, have been made available by these service providers in almost any location, and would be available on Roku in currently unsupported regions. Other channels may not have been made available by their respective service providers in these locations, and therefore will not be available to add. 

We're always looking at expanding our platform offering to additional regions, however, channel availability is ultimately determined by each service provider. Channels will only be available for regions in which the service provider has enabled access to their services on our platform. We'd recommend following up with any individual service provider that you are interested in to request additional information about their availability on Roku in your location, and share your interest. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jowi1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi I believe I have exactly the same problem as I cant see the UK specific services such as ITV hub/player, Etc in my ROKU Express device account, but I can see them from my mobile/laptop if I dont sign in via my ROKU account. Can the device account be relinked to UK from wherever it currently  seems to be?

0 Kudos
pcrao
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone

I have the same problem with my Roku, i bought the device (Roku 2) in the USA couple of years back and since them i could not use it in my home country (India). I have Amazon Prime subscription from India and not able to play on Roku. Need help and assistance on how i can change the regional setting on Roku so that i can play regional (India) channels.

Thanks and Regards - Poorna Chandra Rao

0 Kudos
Rvhoegen
Level 7

Jump to solution

Currently I live in Japan. I can’t understand why Roku still has a region lock on Apple TV+ 
which is officially available here without region limitations? I can even register my Apple ID on the Roku TV+ App. Something is wrong with this. 

please look into this and change this fault

0 Kudos