Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benni037
Level 7

Re: Does Roku need to be region set?

Jump to solution
Hi RokuShawnS

Thanks for the PM instructions. Customer Services associating my account to UK has worked, I am now enjoying the Roku Express with the correct settings/channels.

Just out of interest, why did this happen (account/box not being initially associated with UK settings)? Information could perhaps be helpful if anyone else encounters the same issue, although I presume it might be rare as I couldn't find anything online with anyone else experiencing the same.

Again many thanks for your help. It was very much appreciated.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Jump to solution
"Benni037" wrote:
Hi RokuShawnS

Thanks for the PM instructions. Customer Services associating my account to UK has worked, I am now enjoying the Roku Express with the correct settings/channels.

Just out of interest, why did this happen (account/box not being initially associated with UK settings)? Information could perhaps be helpful if anyone else encounters the same issue, although I presume it might be rare as I couldn't find anything online with anyone else experiencing the same.

Again many thanks for your help. It was very much appreciated.

CS didn't give me an explanation, unfortunately.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
OwenMc
Level 7

Jump to solution
I was in the same situation as the original poster, based in the UK, setup an account while in the UK, but unable to access UK store etc. from my just-purchased Roku Express (3900). Lots of US channels, zero UK.

As my search for a resolution ended up here, & I got around the problem before raising a support ticket, I figured a follow-up to this thread might help some other folk who ended up where we did.

I believe the root cause of my issue is that, while I set up the account in the UK, I did it from my work laptop, and our external IP addresses all show up as anywhere BUT the UK
(a quick check via  http://whatismyipaddress.com showed up an NL address, which ain't Hampshire :-) )

I binned the Roku account and set up another one from my home address (showing up as Devon, but at least that's in the UK Smiley Very Happy ), using a new email address which I set up just for this.
I factory reset the Roku, and re-registered using the new account.

Immediate success. Worth a shot, to get you going without a support call, 'cos we all want to get that Roku working the same evening we take it out of the box!

Or even worth mentioning in the setup instructions from the Roku side, with maybe a highlight in the setup process to indicate which region this account is being associated with?
Owen
--
Roku Express (3900EU), Sony Bravia (KDL32WD751) UK region
0 Kudos
nicknick
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi, I am in a similar situation to several other posters in this thread.

I'm UK mainland based with a UK IP address. I've bought a roku express and set it up/registered it and it seems to think I am in the US. I cannot find UK channels such as bbc iplayer on the roku itself or when I am signed into my account on the computer. I CAN see the channels when I am not signed into my roku account on the computer. I have just tried to contact roku via the contact us link but when it says click here I do so and nothing happens.

Please can you help as this is very frustrating.

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
OwenMc
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hey there, I was having similar issues with getting to a page which allowed me input a Customer Service request - all support links I tried got me to a dead end.

However, being a persistent bugger (!), I finally got to a page which actually let me input some data - see how you get on with this:
https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options
Select: Questions about account etc, then Continue
Select: Managing your channel subs etc, then Continue

At this point I got 3 options to input a help query, and at least the email looked promising.

I grant you, it shouldn't require a forum request to get navigation to contact support, but hey ho..... 
Owen
--
Roku Express (3900EU), Sony Bravia (KDL32WD751) UK region
0 Kudos
nicknick
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks Owen, I'll try that.
0 Kudos
nicknick
Level 7

Jump to solution
OK, I got a live chat with a lady who said I should unsubscribe then I could resubscribe with the same email address and when asked, give a UK post code. I did this and was only asked for a postcode when I got to the payments section (in case I want to buy a subscription). I logged into my new account and it is just the same, all US channels and no UK TV. I went back to the chat support and got a new person to deal with and was told that BBC Iplayer, for example, was only available in the US and as a UK based person I would not be able to see it through roku.

In case someone from roku monitors this forum, my support/chat number was: 1858150

I now feel I'm getting conflicting messages, none of which are helpful to me at the moment.
0 Kudos
nicknick
Level 7

Jump to solution
OwenMc sorted me out - many thanks for that.

The information I was given by two different support workers on roku live chat was both conflicting and not helpful.

This is very disappointing.
0 Kudos
silberalon
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi I believe I’m suffering from the same symptoms as case #1476005 which I found in the forum.
I am from Israel, just opened a new roku streaming stick + purchased in the US.
1. On roku channel store all the “add channel” buttons are grayed out.

2. Main screen on roku device shows only “home”, “channel store” and “settings”. No “search”, “my feed” or whatever.

3. Also when trying to add prime video channel through roku device it’s fail

I opened a customer support case #2752334

Thanks
0 Kudos
silberalon
Level 7

Jump to solution
"Benni037" wrote:
The case number I received was #1476005

Many thanks

I am having the same symptoms you were describing. Despite the fact that I am in Israel not UK.

What solved it for you finally. Didn’t quite get it
0 Kudos