Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Do i really have to factory reset to get a link code!?

Seems like the most backward and waste-of-time method possible to link my device with my account. It's difficult to believe that a company like this wouldn't have a simple method of accomplishing this. Please let me know if there's an obvious or easy way to link my account to my unit that I'm missing. 

If completely resetting my device, re-downloading, authenticating, etc. each channel is the only way to link my account to the machine itself, I'm certainly not inspired by the future or potential of this company....

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Do i really have to factory reset to get a link code!?

That's the only way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Do i really have to factory reset to get a link code!?

@wmprest 

Thanks for the post.

It depends on the situation, but for most of the time, performing a factory reset on your device/TV is the easiest and cleanest way to get a link code. 

In certain circumstances, it's possible to retrieve a link code in other ways, but those are few and thin.

What is the issue you are experiencing? With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos