Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack1989

Can I be refunded for annual Disney Plus subscription through Roku?

I just upgraded my Verizon phone and Disney Plus is included. How do I get a refund for my year subscription that paid for thru Roku?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I be refunded for annual Disney Plus subscription through Roku?

Every streaming subscription with which I have ever seen, either through a third party like Roku or directly with the channel, is nonrefundable. You are pre-paying for a specified subscription period and it auto renews when that period runs out. When you cancel the subscription it prevents the auto-renewal but the subscription stays in force until the balance of the pre-paid period expires. These conditions are explained on screen and must be accepted when subscribing (you know, all that stuff none of us bothers to read at the time).

My advice would be to enjoy your current prepaid year, cancel your subscription before it runs out to keep it from auto-renewing, then sign up for your free subscription through Verizon when the subscription through Roku goes dead.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jack1989,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. 
For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
ButlerP

Yes, if this is your FIRST "one-time" change for the subscription, you can get a REFUND

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@ButlerP Not sure if that applies when subscription is not through Disney.

0 Kudos