Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disney plus account

Can anyone help I have bought Disney plus through roku and it has came from my paypal account 7 day free trial has been and gone I clicked to pay for the year £60 has been taken from my bank but it says I haven’t subscribed so I can’t watch Disney plus on other devices apart from my roku!???? Disney plus have said it a nothing to do with them and they have no record of payment so they can’t do anything  very frustrating?!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney plus

@Katie222 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you purchased a Disney+ subscription through Roku Pay, you will still be able to view the content on other devices. You will need to authenticate the your Disney+ account through each of those devices. Please be aware that your Roku account email address may not be the same email address used to create your Disney+ account.

For account and billing related issues or further information regarding your subscriptions through Roku Pay, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello 

I wish to just cancel because no one has helped me I have been emailing facebooking since March and I’ve contacted Disney plus and there’s nothing they can do please can you help me with getting in contact with someone who can refund me the £60 for an app that does not work and I’ve had for 3 months now! I’m really not happy with the service and really wish for this to be dealt with as soon as possible. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Have you logged out of the Disney account on your Roku and been able to successfully sign back in? The email and password you use to sign in on the Roku should work on any other device. If you have not tried doing that, I would. I am guessing your login info is wrong. If you can log out and back in with zero issues, but can’t on another device after activating said device, I’m not sure. I’m tech savvy. Smiley Happy If you did not pay Disney+ directly, which you apparently did not do, they most likely wouldn’t have access to your account information. You used Roku Pay from the sounds of it. Did the transaction to your PayPal account come from Roku? I’m assuming so. To cancel Roku Pay subscriptions or premium channel subscriptions through The Roku Channel, you can sign into your Roku account on your mobile device or computer, go to subscriptions & simply click cancel. Streaming subscriptions are prepaid so this method is not going to get you a refund. I don’t think you’ll get a refund no matter what you do, but emailing customer care is probably your only option, or filing a dispute with your card company. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I understand your frustration. I'd been watching just fine on several devices. I believe it was after an update it would no longer let me access my subscription on other devices. Disney said contact Roku and then Roku said contact Disney. Why was I able to watch it so often on other devices for so long and then nothing? Same email address...so confused Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Acb0222 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Disney+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos