Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgcarter1
Reel Rookie

Disney+ Carousel (Trying to cancel yearly subscription)

Jump to solution

I am trying to discontinue my Disney+ subscription that we got through Roku.  It is a yearly subscription.  If I go to the Disney+ website and under accounts it says that this is managed through Roku.  When I go to my subscriptions on the Roku website it says I have no subscriptions.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating! Where do I go to cancel the subscription?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ Carousel (Trying to cancel yearly subscription)

Jump to solution

If you highlight the Disney+ channel/app on your Roku and press * on your remote does it give you the option to manage the subscription or an option to remove the channel?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Do you have multiple Roku devices or did you ever have one you sold or gave away that could have been linked to a different email address?  If you have multiple Roku devices, check the email address displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.  You may have multiple Roku accounts without realizing it.  Since it doesn't show "Manage subscription" that would imply that your subscription isn't through that Roku account.

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cgcarter1, it does sound like you may have another account with your billing information listed that has an active Disney subscription as @renojim mentioned. To collect more information on this we will be sending you a direct message here on the Roku Community. Definitely keep an eye out in your inbox which you can get to by selecting the mail icon at the top right of your web page!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

If you highlight the Disney+ channel/app on your Roku and press * on your remote does it give you the option to manage the subscription or an option to remove the channel?

0 Kudos
cgcarter1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Remove the channel.

What reminded us was that it just renewed.  

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Do you have multiple Roku devices or did you ever have one you sold or gave away that could have been linked to a different email address?  If you have multiple Roku devices, check the email address displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.  You may have multiple Roku accounts without realizing it.  Since it doesn't show "Manage subscription" that would imply that your subscription isn't through that Roku account.

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cgcarter1, it does sound like you may have another account with your billing information listed that has an active Disney subscription as @renojim mentioned. To collect more information on this we will be sending you a direct message here on the Roku Community. Definitely keep an eye out in your inbox which you can get to by selecting the mail icon at the top right of your web page!

0 Kudos