Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharonf
Level 7

Deceased family member - how to cancel their Roku Disney account?

Jump to solution

How do I cancel my deceased family member’s Roku Disney subscription?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Deceased family member - how to cancel their Roku Disney account?

Jump to solution

@sharonf 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We're sorry for your loss. Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Parlette,

We appreciate you reaching out to us and we're sorry for your loss.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

As mentioned by @renojim, kindly use the Roku account you used to log in to the Roku community to reached our Account/Billing team.

Notes: Please note that for account and security purposes our support will be requesting identification and documentation to facilitate this request and the request can only be submitted by an immediate family member or a person with authority to act on the account owner's behalf.

If you have an access to the Roku device, you may unsubscribe the channels from your TV or online account.
To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Highlight the channel you wish to cancel using the directional pad in the center of your Roku remote.
3. Press the Star button * on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu.
4. Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message will appear confirming the duration of continued access, content, and services.
6. When prompted, select Cancel subscription. Roku will display a message confirming the cancellation and your last day of access.
Select Done.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Sincerely,
Mary

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sharonf 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We're sorry for your loss. Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Malachaidc
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Roku currently offers no phone support. And online support requires that I log into her account. But I don't have her account info. I entered her email address and clicked forgot password but I don't get a password reset link.  So as of now, I can't access any support options.  

Please tell me how to address this issue. 

Thank you. 

MalachaiDC

RomanticRo
Level 7

Jump to solution

try

How do I access my Roku account if I forgot my email address or password?

https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/208755948

or

How to cancel a channel subscription

From your Roku streaming device

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Locate and access options for a subscription channel in one of the following ways.
  • From your channel lineup
    • Select Home.
    • Use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight a subscription channel.
    • Press the Star button star on your remote.
  • From the Channel Store
    • Scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
    • Browse a category or genre, or search for a subscription channel.
    • Press the OK button OK on your remote.
  1. Once you access options, select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
  2. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. Confirm by choosing to remove the channel immediately or keep it for the remainder of the subscription term.

0 Kudos
Malachaidc
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response. But the only two options in the link you sent are to select "Forgot Password" on a computer login, or to access her account via her Roku. Neither of those is a viable solution. The Forgot Password link does not generate a response, and I don't have access to her Roku box. She passed in November and the equipment was all discarded then.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Malachaidc,

We appreciate your contact.

We're sorry to hear about your loss. We suggest unsubscribing the channels from TV. On your TV, highlight the channel and press the * button to manage the subscription and cancel the subscription. I've provided a link to go into further detail: How do I manage or cancel a Roku® Pay subscription?

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Malachaidc
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don't have access to her tv or Roku device - they were discarded when we cleaned out the house.  I can't access any of your online support options because you require a login and I don't know her login. And the forgot password option doesn't work. And you don't offer phone support.

She passed away in November. I'd like to get an account refund for the billings since her death.  I was able to do that with everything from her health insurance to her social security. I didn't expect Roku to be the service that made it impossible. 

This is too hard and not a positive customer experience.  It's not a lot of money. You can keep it.  I give up.    

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you use the support site use the same login you're using here (don't worry about it not being your loved ones' account) then you can explain the problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Parlette
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny,

Your advice is garbage. There is no way to contact Customer Service unless you login to the deceased person's account, and those of us here find ourselves without passwords and access sending us into a painful loop. This seems suspicious. I personally will just go ahead and cancel my late husband's credit card that was paying you. I do want to continue the service, but I see no way to simply change it over to me and my credit card. If you can help us out, I'm sure we would all appreciate a better solution. Losing a loved one is hard enough.

Michelle P

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Parlette,

We appreciate you reaching out to us and we're sorry for your loss.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

As mentioned by @renojim, kindly use the Roku account you used to log in to the Roku community to reached our Account/Billing team.

Notes: Please note that for account and security purposes our support will be requesting identification and documentation to facilitate this request and the request can only be submitted by an immediate family member or a person with authority to act on the account owner's behalf.

If you have an access to the Roku device, you may unsubscribe the channels from your TV or online account.
To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Highlight the channel you wish to cancel using the directional pad in the center of your Roku remote.
3. Press the Star button * on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu.
4. Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message will appear confirming the duration of continued access, content, and services.
6. When prompted, select Cancel subscription. Roku will display a message confirming the cancellation and your last day of access.
Select Done.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Sincerely,
Mary

0 Kudos