Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Connecting friend's subscriptions and roku access to my roku device

Jump to solution

Hi, my friend has a Roku device and various subscriptions like Hulu, Netflix, HBO etc in her house set up with her account. 

I have a Roku device and Netflix set up in my house with my account.

When my friend comes to my house we want to be able to use my Roku device with her various subscriptions like Hulu. How do I make this happen. When I go to my roku device, it recognizes my account. I set up pin and guests account but that doesn't let my friend to access her subscriptions. Please let me know if there is a way for my friend to use my Roku in my house with the same access like she were in her house using her roku.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Connecting friend's subscriptions and roku access to my roku device

Jump to solution

@el_craig 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How is your friend subscribed to her channel subscriptions? Is she subscribed through Roku Pay, or through the channel provider directly?

If she's subscribed through Roku Pay, you will unable to access her subscriptions because those subscriptions are tied to her Roku account and your device is currently logged into your Roku account.

However if your friend is subscribed to the channel providers directly, you should be able to authenticate the channel(s) by simply logging into those channels directly with her channel account credendials.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Connecting friend's subscriptions and roku access to my roku device

Jump to solution

@el_craig 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How is your friend subscribed to her channel subscriptions? Is she subscribed through Roku Pay, or through the channel provider directly?

If she's subscribed through Roku Pay, you will unable to access her subscriptions because those subscriptions are tied to her Roku account and your device is currently logged into your Roku account.

However if your friend is subscribed to the channel providers directly, you should be able to authenticate the channel(s) by simply logging into those channels directly with her channel account credendials.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos