Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegPitts24

Charges you didn't sign up for

For the past three months I've been charged 14.98 from The Roku Channel, but when I check my account online and go to "my subscriptions" there's nothing there for that price! I have no clue what's charging me and I want it stopped. Has anyone else seen this charge to their accounts and if so, have you stopped it, and how?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charges you didn't sign up for

@MegPitts24 

If you are seeing charges that are not appearing on your Roku Account Subscriptions page, then Roku isn't billing you.

A scammer has your payment card information (and all that implies) and is making charges, putting "Roku" and such in the free text description field. Note that whatever is submitted is simply passed along in this field. Anything can be put there. Many scammers are putting Roku, Hulu, Disney, Warner, HBO, and such, in that field, hoping people will chase down the wrong path to resolve.

Print out that page in case your bank needs proof that you haven't made any charges. File a fraud claim with your bank. And, for completeness, submit a billing issue on the Roku Contact page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is that literally what the description says?  "The Roku Channel"?  I'm not aware of any legitimate charge that would have that description as The Roku Channel itself is free, but I don't know for sure.  There's paid subscriptions within the channel, but the description for the charge would be more descriptive (but not necessarily more helpful).  If your Roku account isn't showing any subscriptions and you're sure that you have one and only one Roku account (if you have multiple devices check the email address displayed under Settings->System->About) then there's a good chance it's a fraudulent charge and you'll want to get your financial institute involved.  The description on a billing statement can say literally anything and may not tell you who really charged your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @MegPitts24, we see that you have a question about a charge from The Roku Channel. As @renojim stated, there is no charge for The Roku Channel.

However, we can still take a look at your account for you if you'd like. Feel free to send us a PM; we'll be happy to assist!

0 Kudos
RVM43

Yes I am trying  to find also what I am getting  charge for

I can never get anyone on the

Phone to answer me

0 Kudos
RVM43

Re: Charges you didn't signi up for

I.dont know whyI am getting  charge I haven't  sign up for  anything. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Charges you didn't signi up for

Hi @RVM43,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

We'd recommend first taking a closer look at your account here at my.roku.com and selecting "Manage Subscription" to see if you see some charges.

If you still need a hand, please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.
We hope it helps!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos