Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
By1

Charges on my credit card

Hello

I'm showing 3 charges on my card that doesn't make sense

Charge 1 -reading phone/cable of 9.99 which I'm familiar with 

Charge 2 shows phone/cable 19.98 which I do not understand 

Charge 3 shows phone/cable 7.99 which I also do not understand

Can someone please contact me via message or mail

My email is [personal information removed]

Thank you

Barbara

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charges on my credit card

First, edit your post and remove your email address. It's extremely dangerous to post your email address on a public forum. Click the three vertical dots to the right of your post and click Edit reply.

If you are being legitimately billed by Roku, you can see any subscriptions on your Roku user web page. https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions If you don't see anything there, or at least nothing that matches what you are seeing on your bill, then Roku is not billing you.

But the bill says Roku, right? Unfortunately, scammers and thieves take stolen credit card information and submit phony bills against your CC number. There's a text box that allows them to enter anything they want about who's submitting the bill, so they enter a name like Roku, hoping people see the name and assume it's a legitimate charge and just pay the bill. 

If this is the case, that Roku is not billing you, then you need to immediately contact your CC company/bank and dispute the charges. If your CC info has been stolen, I recommend having them cancel the card and issue you a new one. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @By1, we see that you have questions about charges on your account. We understand the concern, so we're here to help.

We'll send you a PM soon, here on The Roku Community, to ask for more details so we can look into these charges for you.

Keep an eye on your inbox for us!

0 Kudos
Suzanne4
Reel Rookie

I get charged 6.99 monthly but just got charged new charges for 9.99 what are they for

0 Kudos
Suzanne4
Reel Rookie

I was charged 9.99 don't know why

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Suzanne4  if the charges are by those dumb ol’ scammers then it’s fraudulent and you would have to contact the bank.  However if the charges are on certain Roku channels/apps, then it is a real charge and you would have to submit a bill inquiry here: https://support.roku.com/contactus.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
atc98092

@Suzanne4 wrote:

I get charged 6.99 monthly but just got charged new charges for 9.99 what are they for

You haven't provided any information that might help. What does the charge say it's for on your statement? Have you logged into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) to see what (if any) subscriptions are listed there?

If you have no listed subscriptions, or the charges don't match a subscription you have, then the charge is likely fraudulent and you need to contest the charge with your card provider. If your CC info has been stolen (very likely if there are fraudulent charges) you should ask them to cancel the card and issue a new one.

Dan

Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Suzanne4, thank you for the post. We see that you have questions about some charges on your account. 

@atc98092 had a good suggestion about logging in to https://my.roku.com/index to check on your subscriptions.

Have you tried this yet?

Please feel free to send us a PM if you still have questions!

Mireille01
Channel Surfer

I don’t want to change any things on my credit card 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Mireille01 wrote:

I don’t want to change any things on my credit card 

If your credit card information has been stolen, you really don't have a choice. You have to do something to protect yourself. If you don't, you'll continue to see bogus charges from who knows what name they put on the charge. And your CC company will only protect you if you take action. If you allow the charges to continue, you could end up having to pay them, or suffer a severe impact to your credit score.

Dan