Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMR1
Level 7

Charged for Peacock which was never requested, have or want

I was charged for “Roku for Peacock TV”. I have never clicked on peacock, never requested a free trial, don’t even have the app to even click on it to get a free trial. My purchase history is clear for last 30 days but was charged for it on 7/26/21.. I have went to the contact us and put in the same issue over and over and it’s zero help and there’s no number to call to get help! How do I get this refunded and stopped immediately!? 

3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charged for Peacock which was never requested, have or want

Log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and see if it appears there. If it does, you can cancel from there as well. If it's not there, then Roku isn't billing you.

I recognize that your statement shows Roku in the billing name, but scammers can find ways to make it say whatever they want. If that's the case, I recommend contacting whomever issues your credit card that was used and tell them it's a fraudulent charge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
pksimmons87
Level 7

The exact same thing happened to me.  Its not showing up on my roku account but it's coming out of my checking account monthly!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@pksimmons87 if it's not listed under your Roku user account, then it's not Roku that is billing you. If the statement lists Roku as who's charging you, then it's a bogus charge and you need to contest it with your credit card company. Scammers have figured out how to make their charge appear to be someone else, and they rake in the money while providing nothing. Only the credit card company can trace who's actually billing you.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos