Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennann
Level 8

Charged for NFL Game Day Pass without knowingly adding the channel and Roku will not assist

Jump to solution

On Sunday, 9/13/2020, I was scrolling through the channels on Roku and saw the NFL channel.  I clicked on it to see what it was about and because I didn't have a Pin set up to ensure I wouldn't be billed for looking at channels, I was charged $99.99 for a subscription.  I immediately, within one hour, canceled the subscription and notified Roku, Paypal, NFL network of the error.  NFL stated I was well within my timeframe to cancel but because I purchased from Roku, they could not refund my money but Roku can.  Paypal said I had to go through Roku.  Roku has ignored my requests by sending emails that are robotic without real content and there is NO ONE to contact who is human.  Does anyone know what I can do???  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged for NFL Game Day Pass without knowingly adding the channel and Roku will not assist

Jump to solution

@jennann 

Thanks for the post.

We would highly recommend adding a PIN to your Roku account to avoid unwanted purchases. For more information about how to add a PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged for NFL Game Day Pass without knowingly adding the channel and Roku will not assist

Jump to solution

@jennann 

Thanks for the post.

We would highly recommend adding a PIN to your Roku account to avoid unwanted purchases. For more information about how to add a PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jennann
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I did all of that.  I still have yet to speak to a person or have a resolution to this issue.  

0 Kudos
EC2
Level 7

I accidentally made a purchase

Jump to solution

I accidentally purchased NFL network I don’t need it, can I get my money back!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I accidentally made a purchase

Jump to solution

@EC2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would first recommend creating a PIN to avoid any further accidents in the future. For more information about creating a PIN for your Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vpferro
Level 8

Jump to solution

[post edited]

I did the EXACT SAME THING! I already had a subscription to NFL Game Pass in our household, and I was trying to log on. My Roku TV was malfunctioning and I clicked down on my remote nothing happened.  I then click again and move it  back up and click and next thing I know I'm subscribed to the NFL and down a hundred bucks. 

I canceled immediately and that does NOT make a difference. 

Here's the sad thing, if I had ordered the Game Pass directly from the NFL site on PURPOSE and then wanted to cancel, I could do that and get all my money back within 3 days. 10 minutes later and they're talking "You should set up a PIN" so sad too bad. 

I will NEVER EVER purchase another ROKU product for the rest of my life, and I wont' miss an opportunity to talk about what garbage this company is. 

jennann
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree about never buying another Roku product again.  The sad thing is I have been a Roku subscriber, owner since their beginning.  I have purchased Roku TVs, Roku devices, etc.. for my kids, family members, myself.  All 3 of my tvs are Roku tv's but after this fiasco, they have lost all of my business.   And yes, Danny told me to get a pin set up.  

0 Kudos
Vpferro
Level 8

Jump to solution

I think everyone who has this issue with Roku should:

1. Never buy another Roku product - there a MANY alternatives out there! 
2.make as many social media posts possible 

Public opinion and ding to their wallets how ever minor will go along way toward them changing their crooked policies.

in this day and age when there are so many choices, their “no refund” policy on a product that the NFL themselves offer a refund on is ABSURD. 

Posting on Facebook right now. 

0 Kudos
tretheb1968
Level 7

Jump to solution

gee are u reading my mail... same thing exactly.. claimed i set up some thing on prior purchase history... i dont have a purchase history cause i dont order script through roku... charged me twice in 27 seconds .. 

0 Kudos
jennann
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, I don't know how it happened, but after much hounding and all of your responses, Roku refunded my money!!!  I received an email a few days ago asking if I was satisfied with the customer service I received, which I was not, I stated, with proof, that the NFL Gameday Pass stated I was within my time frame to cancel, and I reiterated I have been a customer of Roku since its inception.

Tonight, I was given full credit back to my Paypal account.  

I will continue to push for the removal of the absurd, and in my opinion, the criminal non-refund policy of subscriptions Roku has in place.  It is unfair and needs to end.  

0 Kudos