Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Charged for ESPN+. Did not buy this.

Jump to solution

Yesterday, I got notification that ESPN+ had been purchased for 49.99. I did not order this, nor did anyone else in my household. Didn't ask for a trial...nothing. I immediately cancelled it, but that basically amounted to "this will not renew in a year".  I am in control of all of my past Roku devices and definitely did NOT purchase this. When I went to go through the support steps, it comes to a place to "contact support" and it's a non-functioning link. I did track down a place to email and have done that, but there has been no acknowledgement or otherwise.

I see that you can't call or chat with anyone "because of the crisis". This is BS. I work in IT and know that for a technology based company, it's very possible to shift your workers to a home based setup for both chat and phone (I'm doing it myself). 

I'd like this fixed now.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged for ESPN+, did not subscribe on my Roku

Jump to solution

@briskout 

Thanks the information.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unauthorized ESPN+ Charge

Jump to solution

@sattaylor 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: how can I talk to a person in email to dispute a charge.

Jump to solution

@Jzulian53 @Blueeys1978 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
54 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

I was charged for a service I didn't order

Jump to solution

I was charged for ESPN and didn't order it

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Charged for ESPN+. Did not buy this.

Jump to solution

I had the same thing just happen.  I've spent an hour on this damm site looking for a phone or email to call.  I'm annoyed.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I emailed customersupport@roku.com and DM'ed @rokusupport on twitter. Nothing yet. The whole thing about phone and chat being down because of COVID is nonsense. My work desk phone is currently routed to my computer at home. This seems like an excuse to cut staff and service levels because of a crisis.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I sent an email to that email address and got a "we don't monitor that email account reply" ... I'm not happy.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I misspoke. I emailed: 

customerservice@roku.com

But I still haven't gotten any message from them (including any automated message).

Highlighted
Level 7

How to get refund for ESPN+ I did not purchase this 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@pcoleman72 @razzledazzle @emagnus39 @Rjoiner95 

Thanks the information.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did that ... Nothing happens when I click on Contact Support to dispute that charge,

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@pcoleman72 @razzledazzle @emagnus39 @Rjoiner95 

Thanks the information.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R The contact us link does not work properly.  I work through it and select the correct transaction and then there's a "contact" link which is not linked to anything.  I emailed and contacted support via Twitter and the most I got was a response from your rokusupport folks on twitter saying I'd be contact by email. That has not happened yet. 

0 Kudos