Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ESPN+ Subscription

Jump to solution

@TV_Fan 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Accidental purchase

Jump to solution

My one year old daughter signed up for the ESPN+ subscription, while I was getting ready for work. I do not watch ESPN at all but there is a charge on my account fr the amount of $49.99. I did cancel the subscription once I noticed it on my bank statement. I was wondering if I can get a refund for the amount that I was charged since I do not use the service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Accidental purchase

Jump to solution

@jrmartin 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Charge on my card for ESPN

Jump to solution

This is Herman Katende. I have been recently Charged on roku for a 49.99 dollars for a full year service which i never initiated. I have read a lot of posts about this but seems real fraud with whats goin on with roku. I even thought it was my daughter who made a subscription with the remote but she plays with the remote many times but this never happened untill now that i got one and imagine for one year thats a nice call of a fraud for someone like roku looking forward to rip you off. I cancelled it same day but still when i notified them they talk of a no refund policy. Lets see where this takes us! Money is not got on trees i need my refund or else i will see what other options i got to get my money back in peace! Because it seems like they have a plan of not giving us refunds for non authorised subscriptions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charge on my card for ESPN

Jump to solution

@katendefry 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Unauthorized ESPN+ Charge

Jump to solution

I received an email yesterday that I had purchased ESPN+. I know I did not.  I was home alone all weekend, and I would never purchase this. I immediately cancelled, but it says I am signed up for a year.  I have sent an email to customer service.  I want a full refund.  I never used nor will never use ESNP+.  If this is not resolved immediately, I will call my bank to dispute and I will also cancel my full ROKU service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unauthorized ESPN+ Charge

Jump to solution

@sattaylor 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No Refund, totally unaccptable.

Jump to solution

I was told today that I would not get a refund for an accidental subscription caused by my 5 year old son.  The espn+ subscription was activated and cancelled within 5 hours and I ask for a refund.  I was told no refund.   I have been buying roku devices since roku came out and have upgraded throughout the years.   I will never use a roku product again and I am moving to different streaming device.   I think it is totally unacceptable that a company like roku to not have a "one time forgiveness" on accidental charging issues like MANY streaming devices have.

I am very disappointed in the lack of service to a loyal customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Still waiting for a refund decision

Jump to solution

In 8/18 I discovered my minor son subscribed to ESPN+ a $53.05 charge might I add. I immediately canceled and requested a refund. I have been denied the refund although the order was made without permission by a child and now my emails are also being ignored. There is. No live person to speak to and no real assistance available nor does Roku care about their customers during these difficult times. I could understand if I had the subscription for a few days or week then tried to cancel. That wasn’t the case here. It was canceled right away and no care or customer service available from roku. This is disheartening. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Still waiting for a refund decision

Jump to solution

@MTse 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos