Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Charged for ESPN+, did not subscribe on my Roku

Jump to solution

I was charged for a full year of ESPN+ for $50. I never subscribed, and I already have ESPN+ on my Disney+ which was renewed 5 days ago. My wife (who doesn't watch ESPN) didn't subscribe, nor did my infant or toddler children who can't touch the remotes (they are placed on high levels so they can't grab them). I emailed but I also wanted to follow up on here as I cannot find a customer service number.

I will call my bank to report a fraudulent charge in the morning.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged for ESPN+, did not subscribe on my Roku

Jump to solution

@briskout 

Thanks the information.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Charged for ESPN+, did not subscribe on my Roku

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I did and was told that I was stuck with something I never ordered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Charged for ESPN+. Did not buy this.

Jump to solution

Same thing just happened to me. So im going to call my bank and put a block on any future charges from roku. It gives me serial number but id like to know what device was used to purchase espn. It was not from my t.v or my phone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Accidentally purchased subscription

Jump to solution

My son pressed the ESPN button and now I have an annual subscription. I kindly asked for a refund only to receive a snarky email telling me that maybe I should think about adding a PIN to my Roku and that all purchases are final even if I cancel (which I did within minutes)

The tone of the email from Roku disgusted me. Their email customer service was not good

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Accidentally purchased subscription

Jump to solution

I think this happened to me as well. My one year old daughter was playing with the remote (with the TV off) and the next thing I know, I got an email that I had signed up for ESPN+! When I emailed customer support, they told me I couldn't cancel!

EDIT: Customer support agreed to process a refund (over email) so this is resolved for me. Thank you, Roku support! I hope everyone else who had this issue is able to get it resolved as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: ROKU BILLING SUPPORT WILL NOT REFUND AN INCORRECT CHARGE!!!

Jump to solution

Danny,

I have been trying to call Roku with absolutely no success and my emails have gone unanswered. My 19 month old somehow subscribed to ESPN and I immediately cancelled the subscription (there isn’t even sports right now). I was charged $49.99 and would like the money refunded.

I would greatly appreciate someone to contact me to discuss. 
Thank you,

Ginny

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU BILLING SUPPORT WILL NOT REFUND AN INCORRECT CHARGE!!!

Jump to solution

@ginnygallet2016 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period. Please be patient as our Support team is doing their best to reach out to every customer that is experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ESPN+ Subscription

Jump to solution

Yesterday, I think, my baby child, who was fiddling with my Roku TV remote, somehow managed to subscribe to a annual plan of ESPN+. Is there anyway I can get my money back? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: ESPN+ Subscription

Jump to solution
Meanwhile, I suggest you log onto your account on my.roku.com, go to https://my.roku.com/account/pin, and set (or change) a PIN. You can also choose from several options as to what actions will require the entry of the PIN - as a minimum set it to require the PIN to make purchases.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos