Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed97
Level 8

Charged but no subscription

I have a charge for $19.99 with no subscriptions and a purchase authorization pin yet I was still charged for something. I have no idea what it is and I can only assume at this point that roku is scamming people and applying hidden charges too steal money. I have no way too dispute the charge with roku since the charge only appears in my bank statement and has no other information on what it’s for. It doesn’t appear on roku when I sign in and check my billing so as far as I’m concerned it’s a visible attempt too try and steal money.

21 REPLIES 21\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charged but no subscription

@Ed97 

Keep in mind that scammers can call their bogus charges anything they like. Don't assume that a charge that says it's from Roku necessarily is from Roku.

Using the email address shown via Roku path Settings > System > About, log into your account at https://my.roku.com. Once there, check your Roku purchase history. If you have multiple Rokus, check Settings > System > About on all of them and if you have other email addresses shown, check those Roku accounts too.

Challenge any remaining unidentified charges with the financial institution through which these charges are arriving. They can trace the charges back to their actual source.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Chdmom911
Level 7

Same here and I can't get ahold of anyone

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Chdmom911

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Quisqueya67
Level 7

I cancelled my ROKU account in 2020; but yet, I was charged a recurring Disney + again. I do not longer have a ROKU account. How do I get my money back?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Quisqueya67, try https://support.roku.com/contactus

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Maryre
Level 7

I have been charge 5.99. For I'm not sure how long. Dint no ruku had a charge.  I'm trying to cancel having hard time. 

Maryre
Level 7

Costomer services told me there no charge when I no I see my bank account it clearly say 5.99 for months. I'm going to have to cancer my bank account and start a new one. Omg

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Maryre

Thanks for the post. 

Please be aware that Roku devices do not have a charge aside from when being purchased. Did you subscribe to a channel? Have you checked your account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

For further assistance with account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jujushy
Level 7

I have the same thing happened