Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Charged $62.40 for Sundance when I cancelled in feb!

Jump to solution

I signed up for the free trial back in feb, didnt like it and cancelled before the 7 days were up. 2 days ago I get a charge on my paypal from roku for $62.40 for a yearly subscription. It doesn't even show up in my current subscriptions! I tried a chargeback with paypal and they denied today. I have filed an appeal, but I assume that will be denied as well. I've sent several emails to roku and they will not answer. So basically $63 was stolen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charged $62.40 for Sundance when I cancelled in feb!

Jump to solution

@Tibia3615 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, Shudder and Sundance are developed by the same provider which would explain why the charges are from Sundance.

If you have further questions regarding your subscription, you'll want to contact Shudder support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Shudder support here: http://support.shudder.com/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Being charged for Sundance when I have not subscribed.

Jump to solution

I just received notification that I was being charged 5.99 a month plus tax for Sundance, a channel I have no interest in and have never subscribed too. I dont even have access to it!!! Please help me fix this issue or I will be forced to stop using the roku product entirely. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@BrittneyP @Bradleyaced 

Thanks for the note.

Is it possible that you have subscribed or had a free trial with the Shudder channel? Shudder and Sundance are developed by the same provider which would explain why the charges are from Sundance.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I added Shudder and was surprised that the charge billed was for Sundance Now. Does that mean I am also automatically subscribed to Sundance Now which I never added? 

No happy. Feels deceptive. Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Tibia3615 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, Shudder and Sundance are developed by the same provider which would explain why the charges are from Sundance.

If you have further questions regarding your subscription, you'll want to contact Shudder support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Shudder support here: http://support.shudder.com/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos