Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timbo541

Charged $10.99 for Showtime when add says .99 cents for two months

On 5/18/22 I signed up for Showtime for .99 cents per ad on Roku for two months but was charged $10.99 for one month. Why?

13 REPLIES 13
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Charged $10.99 for Showtime when add says .99 cents for two months

Hey @Timbo541, we understand that being charged full price during a promotion is frustrating. We're here to help figure out what's going on.

We're going to send you a PM. Keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

Queen
Reel Rookie

On May 18th ,I was charged Full price for Starz and Eppix and the Special said 99 Cents. I want my Money back or I'm reporting Roku. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Timbo541& @Timbo541 -

The conditions on most trial promotions state that they are only for NEW subscriptions.  Had you had subscriptions to those channels previously?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Asiahylee2

I also had the same problem, how can I be refunded??? 

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Asiahylee2, we noticed your post about being charged full price during our current promotion. We'd love to help look into that.

To add to what @makaiguy was saying, the 99-cent deal per premium subscription promotion is only eligible for new subscribers to participating channels.

We released an article on our blog page with more in-depth details on this promotion. Follow this link: https://www.roku.com/blog/streaming-day. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

0 Kudos
Johnson71

I have thr same problem.  How can I be refunded 

0 Kudos
RobP1

Signed up today for the same promotion. Showtime, Epix and Starz. Charged full price for all. Phone support says nothing they can do. Deceptive and dishonest by Roku. 

RobP1

Same thing happened to me today. Signed up for three channels at 99 promotion. Charged full price. Wasted time with phone support to be told nothing can be refunded. Deceptive and dishonest by Roku. 

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @RobP1, we appreciate your interest in our promotion! This is something that is only being offered to first-time subscribers to any of those channels on promotion. If you have been subscribed in the past, you will be charged the full price. @Timbo541 This may be the same reason that you were billed the full amount. If you believe that this was done in error, please let me know and I can reach out through private message to confirm by pulling up your account details.