Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timfoster
Level 7

Change the language/region for roku.com

I bought my first Roku in Mexico. I now have two devices there (both in English) which work fine. I'm now living in the UK and have bought another here. The stick works fine, but the roku website still redirects to Mexico (https://www.roku.com/es-mx/). I can't figure out how to change my account so that it is UK based.

I can change the url to en-gb but as soon as I try to add a UK channel (BBC iPlayer for example) it's greyed out and redirects me to Mexico again.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Change the language/region for roku.com

Try clearing your browser cookies, but I don't think you'll be able to add those channels to an account created outside of the UK.  You should create a new account now that you're in the UK and link your new device to that account.

0 Kudos
timfoster
Level 7

Really? I have to have two accounts? I've left the Mexican Rokus in my house in Mexico. They are both set into guest mode so I can rent the house. I thought the whole point of having Roku was that it was not tied to any given supplier. It shows me all the mexican channels that I added to the ones in Mexico but won't let me watch any of them. It won;t let me add any UK channels either though.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Yeah, channel availability is tied to where the account was created.  To be fair, I doubt there are many people  trying to use their account in multiple countries.  Your Mexico account won't be able to get any UK-specific channels and if you create a UK account it won't be able to get any Mexico-specific channels (if there are any).

0 Kudos
timfoster
Level 7

I'm fine with the content not working, and I agree, there probably aren't too many people using their account in multiple countries, but since it's a portable device, it ought to at least work in multiple countries, even if the content is region specific. As it stands, the account is region specific rather than the device or the channels. The channels, yes, I can see that, but the account? the Amazon stick lets me add channels everywhere (even when I in Peru for a month). Only the channels in the current region work, so no BBC in Mexico (or Peru) but once I get to London, BBC works again. 

0 Kudos