Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to change account email address

Jump to solution

When you try to use the "contactus" page, try logging in using your "Community" login that you used to post here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mebob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Logging in to this email address community is not the same account as the one I am trying to get into. But now that I am here, what next?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mebob 

Thanks for the post.

Yes, we are aware that what you are using to log into the Community is not the same account that you are trying to access. Try submitting the form using your Community login to inquire about your other account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku has my correct email address but when i want to sign in for a new channel they have the wrong email listed and I can't correct it by checking my profile it's correct also. So, it has my email wrong and my password is right i'm locked out. I'm $$$ paying for this but can't access an account for CBS.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's not clear what you're saying.  Are you saying that the email address that shows up under Settings->About doesn't match the email address you use at https://my.roku.com ?  If so, the Roku isn't linked to the correct account (and I have to wonder how that happened; hopefully it wasn't some scam).  The only way to change the email address on the device is to factory reset it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Roberto1938 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the email address that you have on your Roku account may not match that you have used to sign up for a channel subscription. 

For more information about that channel's account authentication you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
310cammie

Jump to solution

I no longer have my email for my roku tv I have deleted my email account. My email is no longer valid.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@310cammie 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you need assistance with?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Woodenpeg

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, after changing my email, are all my channels re-directed to the new email, are they lost or do I need to do a reset. 

The situation is that I am trying to load Prime, but the address on my ROKU and th address on my Amazon account do not match, so Prime will not play through my ROKU. I can load the channel, but when I try to stream a show or movie, they get lost because the addresses do not match.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Woodenpeg 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you have a channel account, in this instance Amazon, it shouldn't be affected by your Roku account changes, as your Amazon account is completely separate from Roku.

Have you tried logging out of your Amazon account within the channel/app and then logging back in with your appropriate credentials?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos