Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Change Credit Card w/Active Subscription

I want to update my payment method to a new credit card, but I have an active Disney + subscription (prepaid for the whole year starting in May of 2020, this is not a recurring monthly charge).  The instructions say that I must unsubscribe from Disney + before I can change to a new credit card.

If I unsubscribe from Disney +, will I be able to 'resubscribe', and watch on my Roku again?  I do not want to pay another yearly fee.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Change Credit Card w/Active Subscription

If you prepaid for a year, your subscription should be good until the end of that period even if you cancel since there are no prorated refunds.  At the end of the period you'll have to resubscribe.  I'd suggest you do it directly through Disney.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Change Credit Card w/Active Subscription

Thanks for the info.  I would hope that since I paid for a year, I get a year of service.  

But, since this is related to changing my credit card in Roku, if I Unsubscribe from a service, how can I then view that service on Roku again?  Can I then restore that subscription?  If so, how?  Roku user instructions are pretty **bleep**.

Having the user unsubscribe to a service just to change a payment method is pretty stupid user interaction.    

0 Kudos