Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shAnell22
Level 7

Card linked to someone else's account

Jump to solution

I need my money back bc it is now linked to someone else's account

My card was charged under someone else's roku account on my TV for a umc subscription how can I remove the charge or do I need to dispute with my bank. Bought a TV from the pawn shop and the email address linked to the device is not my account

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: refund m

Jump to solution

This doesn't make much sense.  How could your card be linked to someone else's account?  Did you ever enter your card information on a Roku account or give it to some scammer over the phone that claimed to represent Roku?  Dispute the charge with your bank.

As for your TV... perform a factory reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings, create a new account with your email address at https://roku.com/link and link your TV to that account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

This doesn't make much sense.  How could your card be linked to someone else's account?  Did you ever enter your card information on a Roku account or give it to some scammer over the phone that claimed to represent Roku?  Dispute the charge with your bank.

As for your TV... perform a factory reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings, create a new account with your email address at https://roku.com/link and link your TV to that account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CM1987
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, this is the situation I'm in as well. I bought a tv second hand, signed up for a subscription, and now I want to cancel it, only to find the Roku account was never mine, so I can't cancel the subscription because it's on this person's account not mine. (I have another Roku tv in my living room that IS under my own account) remove the card because it's not my account (verified by going to About and checking my own subscriptions).  

I understand that I can factory reset to log in to my own Roku account on this tv, but that does not solve the original concern which is that my card is linked to someone else's account and I can't remove it.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

I'm trying to understand how this happened.  Did you enter the card information on the TV screen?  I didn't know that was possible and must have been a real pain using the Roku remote.

You're probably going to have to jump through the hoops at https://support.roku.com/contactus .  When you get to the point where you have to log in use your own Roku account or whatever you're using to log into this forum.  Don't worry that it's not the problem account.

0 Kudos
jjk73
Level 7

Re: Card linked to someone else's account

Jump to solution

My card was charged 7.89 for Roku channel. I don't even have an account. How do find a number to call these people.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Card linked to someone else's account

Jump to solution

@jjk73

Thanks for the post.

If you do not have a Roku account, then you most likely did not get charged from Roku. We would recommend contacting your card provider to investigate where the charges are coming from as they may be fraudulent charges.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos