Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wannadumpsatell
Level 7

Cannot take advantage of price reduction offered by BritBox through ROKU

BritBox emailed me a 10 month for the price of 12 offer recently, if I paid in advance.  I went to BritBox to sign up for a year and their page said since I subscribed through ROKU, I needed to go there.   However, back on ROKU's site, ROKU offered only has the pay every month option. 

I solved my issue by canceling my BritBox subscription through ROKU, and will re-subscribe directly through BritBox in order to take advantage of the offer. 

Has any else had issues with not being able to take advantage of special rates through a content provider when billing through ROKU?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot take advantage of price reduction offered by BritBox through ROKU

That's very common.  That's just one reason why it's almost always better, if not as convenient, to subscribe directly through the provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
wannadumpsatell
Level 7

renojim, I agree after this.

I only had the one subscription thru ROKU.   Thinking back it was likely because I loaded the free trial thru ROKU, and afterwards just let ROKU maintain it for me.

Interestingly enough, I cancelled BritBoxthru ROKU, but BritBox had told me I should be good until midnight at the end of the month I paid for, and then to start over directly with them at their reduced yearly rate.   I tried to watch something that evening but ROKU had locked me out before the end of my paid for service, but now suddenly ROKU was offering me the yearly reduced rate!!

I realize ROKU gets a % of all transactions, and since you can't have a ROKU w/o some pay scheme on file with them,  I guess it's all about the $$. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@wannadumpsatell wrote:

I realize ROKU gets a % of all transactions, and since you can't have a ROKU w/o some pay scheme on file with them,  I guess it's all about the $$. 

You can remove your payment method as long as you don't have any active subscriptions.  You can even create a Roku account without a payment method, but it's not well publicized.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wannadumpsatell
Level 7

Thanks for that info! 

I will have to figure that out... 

0 Kudos