Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled HBO last month but still got billed this month

Jump to solution

With Roku automated with no live customer service for the issue of not being able to log in to our account. I went onto the Roku page that had HBO and deleted it in July. It asked if i was sure and i said yes.

You had no reason to charge me for Aug payment so i expect $16.03 to be refunded for something i did not have as of July. NO EXCUSES! if you would have had live service this would have been resolved last month! The help pages has nothing to do with the issue of logging in so was worthless. I kept record of when i tried to call and the result i got which was a recording telling everyone to go to the help part. I COULD NOT LOG IN NOR GET LIVE HELP!

I have my invoices and so do you. Stop playing your games and refund me to the card you had on file which you will find on the invoices. you can afford $16.03 for HBO that we don't have and haven't since July! I'M DONE!

II even tried contacting on facebook and got the same automated msg to go to your help but I COULD NOT LOG IN!  All i get is the same run around and invoices for something i could not even watch because i could not log in. It would have been resolved last month instead of going thru all of this. I am furious! I won't be using Roku and putting the word out there to warn others!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: asking how to get it thru the heads that i cancelled last month but still got billed this month

Jump to solution

@kimmysway54 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you. If you cannot log into your Roku account that you are having issues with, we would recommend submitting a form with your current login that you are using to access the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: asking how to get it thru the heads that i cancelled last month but still got billed this month

Jump to solution

@kimmysway54 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you. If you cannot log into your Roku account that you are having issues with, we would recommend submitting a form with your current login that you are using to access the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
amperez67

Still charges -subscription cancelled

Jump to solution

I cancelled cbs all access in June and was charged for July, August and now September. Please credit $17.97 and stop charging me!!!!!

ramassen
Reel Rookie

Re: Still charges -subscription cancelled

Jump to solution

Same problem here I just sent this email to support since the phone number get a recorded message that says they are not taking calls because of the virus.

They make it hard to find ways to get in touch with them. A huge wast of time!

I finally found  way to email support on line and sent this -

You keep charging for a channel that was cancelled months ago. You found error from last month after my contacting you and finally refunded my account for that month BUT NOW then the next month YOU CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AGAIN! You do not receive phone calls so HOW DO I GET THE STOPPED!!!

Anything esle I can do?

ramassen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Months after cancelling a subscription and being charged in error and finally refunded I find they have me subscribed again!  Just got a new charge. So I have sent them email requesting they fix it.  Should I cancel this AGAIN?

MrsNewman

Re: Cancelled Frndly Channel but still got billed this month

Jump to solution

I talked to someone named Marie and she sent me an email because my charge was still pending and once it goes through I’m suppose to respond, BUT she sent it in Spanish! I don’t speak or understand Spanish!!!!

KRG

Jump to solution

Let me know when and if you get this resolved because I am being charged for subscriptions that I canceled and am being charged twice per month for a couple and am being told that they do a one time courtesy refund for customers but since this has happened once before and i received the refund there is nothing that can be done and I even told customer service that when logged onto my account to check on a charge for a canceled subscription I noticed more and so I tried to cancel and was asked if I was sure an then that I was successfully unsubscribed but when going back to my account not even five mins later…there it was! It was still under my active subscriptions and so I tried again and was successful but want this issue taken care of and a refund for the months I was charged not only once but twice!! They are saying there’s nothing they can do but assure me I won’t be charged again lol and that it is in the terms& conditions that they do not offer refunds!! 

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KRG

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ctw1949
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It seems that Roku TV wants to collect for cancelled subscriptions. I cancelled my Acorn subscription with Roku in September. I then subscribed directly to Acorn at their website. I was not getting updated episodes with the Roku subscription to Acorn. Now, I am being billed for Acorn...through Roku AND Acorn! Don't tell me to go to accounts and then look for some help b/c the help/contact us page just spins for ever and nothing comes up. I will contact my bank and ask them to withhold any charges through or from Roku TV. So, some real support is needed here (as are all the customers who are asking for their subscriptions to be cancelled)!