Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Cancelled Fubo through Roku account but still charged & cannot get answer from support

Jump to solution

I finally got around to cancelling a subscription to Fubo ($64.99 a month) that we were not using.  I cancelled the day before the next billing period (which I remember thinking "good thing I caught this").  I received a confirmation email the next day from Roku saying the subscription was cancelled.  I didn't realize it right away, but a few days later, I saw they had charged my credit card for the amount the day after I cancelled, and then my subscription was changed back to active status. 

I contacted Online Customer Service since when you call, you are told that is your only option and then "we will hang up now".  Since you cannot add attachments or cut and paste supporting documentation, I sent a secondary email with proof of the cancellation email.  The first email response was accusatory and indicated I was charged because I didn't cancel (even though it was a response back that included my attachment with the letter from them).  They indicated that they do not offer refunds.  I contacted them again, re-explained the situation, and they said they would reach out to Fubo to see if they would refund me.  In the meantime, my subscription still showed active.  I have not heard back (and it's been "3-5 business days").  I sent another email this morning and again just now - I cannot get a response.

I actually just went out and cancelled the subscription AGAIN (I don't want to get charged again while I'm trying to resolve this) and got another confirmation email, same as the first last month.

I have been happy with the Roku account and programming and it's so much better than cable, but this is frustrating.  I do not want to cancel altogether, but this is not OK.  At this point, I went from recommending Roku over cable to friends, to not.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cancelled Fubo through Roku account but still charged & cannot get answer from support

Jump to solution

@cacicche 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cancelled Fubo through Roku account but still charged & cannot get answer from support

Jump to solution

@cacicche 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos