Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Canceling Fubo free trial

Jump to solution

@Vsmith214 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

As stated in my previous post, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

HOW DO I GET MY 79.99  I DO NOT WANT IT THOUGH OCT  I WANT MY $$ BACK NOW 

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CPATTON4509 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. It would be nice if your "support team" would post a solution in this thread. The link you posted provides the ability to "Ask the Community" or send you an email. If you are on a Fubo 7-day trial the clock is ticking. Why is it so hard to post the solution? Not great customer service.

Jump to solution

This "fix" does not work. I have the same problem as the original person posting here. Read carefully. I started a free trial with Fubo. When i went to cancel, by logging into my Fubo account, under the section called "cancel subscription" it clearly states that Roku manages the account and it has to be canceled through Roku. But Roku can't find my Fubo account, so they tell me they would "love to help me," but they can't. I signed up for Fubo with the same email I log into Roku with. I can log into my Fubo app on my Roku TV, but I can't cancel Fubo no matter what I try. Have tried the star button, roku account on app, TV, and web, Fubo app on Roku, phone app, and Fubo website. I've talked to customer service people and higher up managers at BOTH companies and still NO ONE can cancel this subscription! I'm being charged $69.54 a month for this. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No, this is not the case for me. I'm having the same problem and I'm pretty sure it's because I signed up for the trial from the Fubo Roku app while on vacation, so not on my Roku TV, but on someone else's. I think this trial is somehow incorrectly tied to the email of the TV owner (or whoever originally logged into that TV). This is a huge bug in the system, because it's obviously leaving people unable to cancel this expensive subscription. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am caught up in the same scam! It's ridiculous! And it's going to lead to a class action suit if they don't fix it. Quit stealing from people. You can't offer a free trial that's impossible to cancel!! 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there a fix for this?   I am in the same situation---started a trial while on vacation.    The roku tv is not mine; therefore, no roku account with subscriptions.  In fact, I had to create a roku account just so I can post here.   

Trial ends soon and don't want to get billed.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mwalsh329 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? If you did not have a Roku account, how did you subscribe to the channel? Did you subscribe through Roku Pay or through the channel provider directly?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

The scenario is this---

1. Stayed in a vacation home for the weekend.  I do not know the owner.

2. They have a ROKU TV and vacation renters are allowed to use ROKU TV.

3. Turn on TV and watch.

4. Observe there is an app---FUBU TV---which has sports and has a 7 day trial.

5. I sign up for trial with my credit card.

6. How do I cancel the trial?  FUBU TV says you cancel via your ROKU account; but, I DON'T HAVE A ROKU ACCOUNT!!!!

0 Kudos