Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bzcanoe
Level 7

Canceling Disney+

Several months ago, I canceled Disney+ but I continue to get billed for it.  How do I quit getting billed?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: Canceling Disney+

Did you go to https://my.roku.com/account and ensure you are logged in using the same email address as displays on your Roku?

Once you're there, click Manage Your Subscriptions. Do you see it listed as active?

If so, cancel from there. If not, let us know what you do find.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
bzcanoe
Level 7

Of course, Disney+ is not listed on Manage Your Subscriptions as I canceled it months ago.  I stated that fact very clearly.  However, I am still being charged.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@bzcanoe wrote:

Of course, Disney+ is not listed on Manage Your Subscriptions as I canceled it months ago.  I stated that fact very clearly.  However, I am still being charged.

I can't tell you how many times over the past I've tried to do something online but failed to have it "take" because I neglected to hit an "apply" or "enter" button, or due to problems at the other end.  Suggesting you check your account to verify your subscription is not still on the books is a valid suggestion.

Also, this was implied before, but not stressed.  Your Roku is linked to the account whose email is shown via Settings/System/About.  Be sure this is the email address you are using to log into your Roku account to check your subscriptions.

Some additional questions:

Did you subscribe through Roku, some other third party, or directly with Disney?  You may understand this distinction, but many posting similar questions here do not, and people trying to help have no way to assess your knowledge level. 

Did you receive any sort of confirmation of your cancellation?

Do your charges specifically state they came from Roku?  If so, what is the exact wording?  Scammers can call their charge anything they want, so even if it says it came through Roku that doesn't necessarily mean it did.  Someone here with a known Disney subscription through Roku may be able to confirm if your wording actually reflects a Roku charge (although the odds of them reading this thread probably are not great)

If your verified Roku link account shows no subscription after all this, and the charges say they are coming from Roku, in your shoes I'd challenge the charges with the financial institution the charges came through.  They can trace the charges back to their actual point of origin and reverse them if not found to be legitimate.  Many institutions have a 60 day limit for this, so don't let it go too long.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi