Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Canceled HBO and Motortrend still playing

Good day,

I have the streaming stick and added Motortrend & HBO Now free trials. I've canceled both before the trials were over. I have email confirming cancellations, also shows up as a expired subscription, and both are playing. Motortrended Gold ($49.99) ended on 9-28-20 received email on 9-15-20 (We are writing to confirm your subscription to MotorTrend - Stream Car Shows/GOLD - US YEARLY has been cancelled).

HBO Now ($14.99) ended on 9-25-20. Email received on 9-23-20 (We are writing to confirm your subscription to HBO/HBO MONTHLY 7DAYFREE TRIAL has been cancelled). 

I have not seen any charges for either yet, and I don't want to be surprised by any future charge for either of these. Not that I mind getting free HBO, just don't want any surprises especially since I canceled them both.

Thanks for any input.

Carlos

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Canceled HBO and Motortrend still playing

Cancellation prevents the subscription from auto-renewing at the end of your current subscription period, whether free trial or paid period.  I wouldn't worry about it unless you still have access beyond the end of your trial period or if they start to charge you for them.  Meanwhile hang onto those cancellation confirmation emails.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I meant to include that I am still receiving both channels even after the trial has ended. Which is why I am concerned. The other times I canceled paid programs before trial was up, they stopped playing.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

If you log into your account at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions do these subscriptions show as being in force?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Today when I checked the Motortrend channel, it showed that I had no subscription, so that's good. HBO was still playing. No either showed as being active subscription. That was what was puzzling me the whole time. Both subscriptions ended but were still active. At least one stopped, so maybe HBO will stop as well. Although I have enjoyed the free movies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Keep a close eye on it and watch your charges.  There have been lots of complaints about people getting charged for subscriptions they thought they had canceled, but on a lot of them I've not been sure the people really knew what they were doing.

0 Kudos