Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DV123

'Roku for CBS' unrecognized subscription charge on my credit card

Jump to solution

I cancelled CBS all access subscription on ROKU months ago. I continue to get charged $10.62 monthly by "Roku for CBS" on my credit card. My Roku settings managed subscriptions states I have no
managed subscriptions and to check the service.

My CBS account states my account is managed by Roku and does not allow me to cancel it. The Roku customer support does not have options to contact them for this option.

Please cancel my CBS all access subscription and stop charging me, and refund my money. If i don't hear back I have to dispute and assume its fraud as both companies do not acknowledge
the service or give the option to cancel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 'Roku for CBS' unrecognized subscription charge on my credit card

Jump to solution

@DV123 

Thanks for the post. A few things to troubleshoot:

1. Are you making sure to log into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions to confirm that your subscription has indeed been cancelled?Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.54.18 PM.png

2. Is it possible that you have an additional Roku account (that the same credit card is connected to) and are being charged for a subscription through that account?

We've seen multiple times that a customer claims they don't see any subscriptions on their Roku account and didn't realize they signed up for another Roku account and had subscribed to a channel.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cancel Roku manage CBS all access subscription

Jump to solution

Did you try https://support.roku.com/contactus ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DV123 

Thanks for the post. A few things to troubleshoot:

1. Are you making sure to log into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions to confirm that your subscription has indeed been cancelled?Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.54.18 PM.png

2. Is it possible that you have an additional Roku account (that the same credit card is connected to) and are being charged for a subscription through that account?

We've seen multiple times that a customer claims they don't see any subscriptions on their Roku account and didn't realize they signed up for another Roku account and had subscribed to a channel.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

did this work?  I have the same problem...

0 Kudos
shamilton1939
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know why this is being charged to my account. I did not authorize it. It took the payment information from my Roku account to charge me for it. I do not want this.  Shirley Hamilton

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @shamilton1939,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?

If you are being charged for a service you do not recognize, please reach out to our 'Account, Payments & Subscription' team here and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

For more information about how to check unrecognized charges, visit our Support page here: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support

Let us know if you need further help from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
shamilton1939
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes, I have no active subscriptions. Have tried canceling from the Roku TV but does not work. Can you please get this taken care of. Shirley Hamilton

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@shamilton1939

Thanks for the reply.

As previously mentioned by @RokuMary-F above, please reach out to our 'Account, Payments & Subscription' team here since they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos