Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Cancel Roku Account

Cancel my Roku account as I have never used it.  Effective immediately.  Thank you, and you are welcome for the free money I have given you.  All done now.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Cancel Roku Account

@svallier wrote:

Cancel my Roku account as I have never used it.  Effective immediately.  Thank you, and you are welcome for the free money I have given you.  All done now.

Other than buying the Roku itself, you haven't "given" any money to Roku. If you subscribed to something through Roku, yes they receive a portion, but you also receive the subscription, so again you haven't "given" them anything. If you are saying that something was subscribed to through Roku without your permission, then that's naturally something that should be addressed. If it wasn't subscribed through Roku, then Roku received nothing else from you.

If you've used a Roku device, you've used your Roku account. There is no cost for anything to do with a Roku account. Again, a subscription to something is not a charge for a Roku account. If someone charged you for anything to do with your Roku account, other than subscribing to something through Roku, then you paid a scammer, not Roku. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cancel Roku Account

@svallier 

Thanks for the post.

If you wish to close your Roku account, please visit our Support page for more information here: How do I close my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos