Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toeblacke
Level 7

Canada - Roku Channel movies won't work - Account issue?

Jump to solution

I got a TCL 55R613 connected in Wi/Fi and when i go to watch movies or anything on the Roku chandl nothing works. I'm in Canada it use to work but not anymore. When I click to play it loads for a second then go back. 

All other apps on the TV works DAZN, Netflix, YouTube. So connection isn't the problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku Channel movies won't work

Jump to solution

@Toeblacke Thanks for the note here. In this case, this would be occurring because your TV is registered to a US region Roku account, but your internet connection is located in Canada. In order to resolve this issue, your TV needs to be registered to a Canadian region Roku account (created in Canada, using a Canadian internet connection) in order to be able to play content from The Roku Channel, and to be able to see the correct selection of available channels on your TV.

In your current setup, you may see channels that are available in 'Streaming channels' that are not available in Canada, and may not work correctly if you try to add them, due to regional differences. 

You can create a new Roku account at my.roku.com in Canada. Then, you'd factory reset your TV and go through the setup process once more to link it to your new Canadian Roku account. 

Let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Roku Channel movies won't work

Jump to solution

@Toeblacke Thanks for the note here. In this case, this would be occurring because your TV is registered to a US region Roku account, but your internet connection is located in Canada. In order to resolve this issue, your TV needs to be registered to a Canadian region Roku account (created in Canada, using a Canadian internet connection) in order to be able to play content from The Roku Channel, and to be able to see the correct selection of available channels on your TV.

In your current setup, you may see channels that are available in 'Streaming channels' that are not available in Canada, and may not work correctly if you try to add them, due to regional differences. 

You can create a new Roku account at my.roku.com in Canada. Then, you'd factory reset your TV and go through the setup process once more to link it to your new Canadian Roku account. 

Let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos