Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BulldogX
Level 8

Can't Enter CVV or Telephone Number to My Roku Account

Jump to solution

This is weird: I cannot enter my credit card's CVV or my home telephone number to my Roku account.

Credit card CVV

Telephone number

Here's what happens when I try to enter my credit card's CVV:

After entering CVV

Here's what happens when I try to enter my telephone number:

After entering telephone number:

Roku support [case 3780651] is really unhelpful here. All they can say is "try another web browser." I tried three web browsers, cleared caches and cookies, uninstalled browser extensions, reset browser settings to defaults ... and still no change.

If Roku doesn't want to call me, that's their choice. However, without my card's CVV number, I can't make purchases or start free trials with my Roku.

Moreover, as you can see, I cannot add an image to this post, not by dragging and dropping, not by browsing, not as a file path and not as a URL. I tried all four methods. Also, I cannot associate a product with this post, because my Roku device (Ultra 4800R) doesn't appear in the list of products from which I can choose.

Why is this so hard?

Can you help, please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BulldogX
Level 8

Re: Can't Enter CVV or Telephone Number to My Roku Account

Jump to solution

This is what I have learned:

To protect the security of its customers' payment method, Roku displays the CVV field in the customer's view as blank, rather than XXX, which is similar to how the credit card number is displayed. By leaving the field blank, customers might justifiably worry that the CVV number is not, in fact, included with their payment method, particularly when manually entering the CVV produces the error message I described. I suggested that Roku add a brief explanation.

As for the missing telephone number: I'll let Roku deal with that on its own.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@BulldogX 

Thanks for the post.

If you are already in contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you with your account and billing related issue moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BulldogX
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is what I have learned:

To protect the security of its customers' payment method, Roku displays the CVV field in the customer's view as blank, rather than XXX, which is similar to how the credit card number is displayed. By leaving the field blank, customers might justifiably worry that the CVV number is not, in fact, included with their payment method, particularly when manually entering the CVV produces the error message I described. I suggested that Roku add a brief explanation.

As for the missing telephone number: I'll let Roku deal with that on its own.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos