Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmulcihy
Reel Rookie

Can a paid Scribd connection be used to get CuriosityStream on Roku for free?

Scribd has perks that come with a paid subscription. One of these perks is CuriosityStream. I have a user name and password to login to CuriosityStream. Can I use this same login information on my Roku to get CuriosityStream without paying for it again? I don't see anyway to sign into CuriosityStream on Roku without creating a new CuriosityStream account and getting charged for it again. Please let me know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can a paid Scribd connection be used to get CuriosityStream on Roku for free?

Have you installed the stand-alone channel/app or are you trying to watch it through "The Roku Channel"?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/6ce2b9d5a81cc1ee47b972259e534d87/curiositystream

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cmulcihy
Reel Rookie

Re: Can a paid Scribd connection be used to get CuriosityStream on Roku for free?

I searched for CuriosityStream on my Roku box, not the Roku channel, then clicked on CuriosityStream. It brought up the channel with lots of shows on it, just like any other channel on my Roku box. I did not add the channel. I already have a CuriosityStream login, and I looked for a way to log into CuriosityStream on my Roku box, but did not find a way to do this without adding another subscription fee. 

I only want to pay for the channel once, not twice. Maybe I'm missing a login somewhere on my Roku box?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

First, I would click on that link I posted above.  It's still not clear to me what version of Curiosity Stream you're using.  If you already have the stand-alone channel it will state that when you try to add it from the link.  If you don't then it will be added (overnight or the next time you restart your Roku or check for updates).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I have the standalone curiositystream channel app, there is a login scree but maybe not as obvious as it could be. Can't remember where at the moment (not at home to check) Keep looking

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos