Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Egrellmann

Can I watch Formula 1 races on roku? If so how can I sign up and how much is monthly ?

Im cutting the cable and the only thing I can’t missed is the F1 races. Is it available to watch live stream ? How much and how to sign up?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I watch Formula 1 races on roku? If so how can I sign up and how much is monthly ?

To continue ESPN F1 coverage, you will need a paid tv provider (cable, satellite, or streaming service) that carries ESPN.  After "cutting the cord", streaming services that carry ESPN:

• DIRECTV STREAM
  • fuboTV
  • Hulu Live TV
  • Sling TV
  • Vidgo
  • YouTube TV

If you don't want to go the ESPN route, you could subscribe to F1's own streaming app, which has two tiers available:

• F1 TV is $27/year and provides on-demand replays and highlights from F1, F2, F3, and Porsche Supercup races from the F1 archive as well as access to exclusive documentaries.
  • F1 TV PRO is $10/month or $80/year and provides everything available in the basic package along with live streams and on-demand full race replays of every on-track session plus access to driver team radio and onboard cameras live.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I watch Formula 1 races on roku? If so how can I sign up and how much is monthly ?

@Egrellmann 

While I can't specifically answer about F1 racing, I can suggest some things to look into.

Many sports are available on certain network channels. ESPN, FS1, etc. I have no idea about who may carry F1, nor how many F1 events they would carry. NASCAR, for instance, is carried on Fox, NBC, FS1, and USA. So you'd need a live streaming service that carried those services.

Some sports have their own streaming service and associated app. I don't see one for F1 racing, but I'm not that familiar with the governing authority. Check the governing authority Website and see if they list apps or ways to watch. There is an F1 TV app for Roku, and I think that's their official app, but I don't know how many races they carry live.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

denhow
Roku Guru

Formula One has an official streaming service called F1TV Pro. Its availability varies by country. Are you in the US? If so, yes you can subscribe.

Subscription details are available here:  https://f1tv.formula1.com/ 

When I first subscribed I got a "Did you make this purchase" alert from my credit card company because the  vendor is in the UK. But that did not happen when the subscription renewed. I mention this just as something you should be aware of.

There is a Roku app. You can sign up on the website, install "F1 TV" from the Channel Store and log in with your subscription details.

denhow
Roku Guru

@DBDukes wrote:There is an F1 TV app for Roku, and I think that's their official app, but I don't know how many races they carry live.

I didn't notice that part of @DBDukes' reply until after I posted the above.

F1TV Pro carries all F1, F2 and F3 races live including all practice and qualifying sessions.

0 Kudos