Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
undisclosed
Level 7

Can I use my subscriptions without using Roku pay?

Jump to solution

I already have subscriptions to media providers. All my payments are to the providers directly.

I just ordered a Roku streaming device. Will Roku make me pay my providers through Roku pay if I try to use my current subscriptions on the Roku device?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I use my subscriptions without using Roku pay?

Jump to solution

For those channels to which you have subscriptions paid directly to the channels, you can just install their channel apps onto your Roku and log into them using your credentials for each of those channels.

Roku has their own channel (The Roku Channel) through which they would like you to purchase additional subscriptions.  Be aware that anything purchased this way will only be viewable via The Roku Channel but not on other devices like a computer, other streamer, phone, or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

View solution in original post

4 Replies
renojim

Jump to solution

As long as the providers allow it then there shouldn't be any reason why you should have to subscribe twice.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
undisclosed
Level 7

Jump to solution

For example, I'm already subscribed to Netflix, and have a recurring payment out of

my bank account. So if I plug in my new Roku streamer when it arrives. It will already know I have a Netflix account/subscription when I try to play Netflix on it, and won't ask me to subscribe through Roku pay?

Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

It won't automatically know your Netflix account details, but the first time you start the channel/app it will ask you to provide your Netflix login information.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

For those channels to which you have subscriptions paid directly to the channels, you can just install their channel apps onto your Roku and log into them using your credentials for each of those channels.

Roku has their own channel (The Roku Channel) through which they would like you to purchase additional subscriptions.  Be aware that anything purchased this way will only be viewable via The Roku Channel but not on other devices like a computer, other streamer, phone, or tablet.

Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

View solution in original post