Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

CBS All Access BAD Experience

I've been SCAMMED.  We signed for free CBS trial.  I am a senior citizen.  Watched a few shows for a week and then I signed out after looking through the menus for a way to say I didn't want it.  No way to say that, so I just signed out and made sure CBS wasn't used again.   Now I'm billed $5.99 and I've complained to ROKU.  I feel it's dishonest, because I was never informed how to go about actually cancelling CBS with the remote.  I looked at the CBS menu, nothing there for canceling.  Now I know that the star on the remote must do it.  How would I know, they didn't tell me.  Dishonest;  we've been tricked. I would appreciate a refund and will come back here to report a happy ending if needed.   BTW the service, at $5.99 with limited commercials as they put it, is bad.  The commercials increase as a show progresses, with a long commercial near the end.  It's a bad experience.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: CBS All Access BAD Experience

You can either manage subscriptions here:  https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Or, highlight the channel on the Home screen and press the asterisk button (*) on your remote.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

First, you are better off doing these subscriptions direct from the service web sites instead of through Roku. That eliminates a middle-man.

Most free trials require you to actively cancel a subscription, and that often requires going through either the Roku or the service's web site. If any service asks for a credit card upfront, or you go through Roku, which has your billing info, you need to be VERY proactive about knowing how and keeping track of your subscriptions. They don't cancel just because you don't use it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@andyross wrote:

Most free trials require you to actively cancel a subscription, and that often requires going through either the Roku or the service's web site.

This should all be spelled out clearly on the page where you sign up.  If you don't bother to read it, that's not their fault.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@22121 

Thanks for the post.

We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

For further assistance, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi    Yes it makes sense to review the terms..   Kind of thought I had done that when we signed up.    I did one other trial maybe last year, with Starz.  I received a message from Roku how it worked and how to unsubscribe if necessary, and it was very helpful.   Messages don't cost anything.  I don't recall seeing one for CBS All Access.    Cheers, Don

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos