Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

CBS All Access 3-month trial - FAIL

Long story short - I received the 3-month trial email.  I attempted to activate the 3-month trial from my qualifying device.  There was no 3-month option - just a 1-month trial.  I canceled out of the process and emailed Support.  Eduardo replied a day later with a code to use.

So I tried the process again, but there was no opportunity to enter a code.  I ended up with a 1-month trial instead of the promised 3-month trial.  I emailed again, asking if Roku could manually change my trial to the 3-month they pushed in several emails to me.  Eduardo replied saying sorry but Roku can't change the trial.

After reading several other threads on this, I can't see that ANYONE successfully received the 3-month promotion.  I understand I'm just a grain of sand on the beach to Roku, but this is a dishonest shoddy way of treating customers.  Why would I ever spend another dollar with Roku in the future?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: CBS All Access 3-month trial - FAIL

Did you have a roku before? Or subscribed to cbs AA before? In either case you're disqualified from the offer. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had a qualifying new Roku and had NOT ever had a subscription to CBS AA.  The only thing that worked like a jack-hammer in this whole thing was the several emails from Roku promoting this fictional trial.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

I have bought many Roku's over the years each coming with offers but none that applied to me because they ALWAYS  say for first time Roku owners only. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That would have been fine,  but that's not what the email said and it's not what Roku support said.  There are several other threads about this where Support replied with unhelpful responses.  I;m not losing any sleep over it, but why offer something and then fail to honor it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I only see 1 month as well. I am a first-time Roku owner and have never subscribed to CBS All Access or had a free trial. The only thing I can think of is that I did initially delete the CBS channel and later reinstalled it, so maybe there was some magic associated with the channel that evaporated. Would appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

3 month free trial shows only 1 month to CBS All access

I am registering today for 3 free months of CBS All Access and it is telling me I am only getting 1 month free. I‘ve been getting emails from Roku telling me to sign up for 3 free months since I bought my Roku device. Today is the last day to do so. Can someone please explain what needs to be done to get the 3 months that was promised? If I continue with the registration, will someone be able to fix the free trial period for me? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 3 month free trial shows only 1 month to CBS All access

I have the same problem, and there are a few other threads discussing it. One of them (https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/How-I-registered-for-CBS-All-Access-3-month-F...) has a coupon code that didn't work for me (even while creating a new CBS account), but you could give it a try.

Absent any other info, I plan to sign up today through the Roku app for 1 month, and try to get it resolved later. I figure that's better than missing the deadline. Let us know how it goes for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LarryT 

Thanks for the information.

We would recommend continuing to work with the Support team to resolve the issue that you are experiencing.

If you need further assistance, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address along with your case number and I can pass along your concerns to our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lee_D 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos